Chapter 36 - Dinner with the Senator

Playlist:

❶ "Luke and Leia"—Return of the Jedi OST

⊘ Silence

❷ "Marion's Theme"—Raiders of the Lost Ark OST

❶ The situation room door opened, revealing Senator Organa among a dozen others

❶ The situation room door opened, revealing Senator Organa among a dozen others. The image at the holo table flickered off as General Rieekan gave a confident nod to those around him. 

When Master Luke took the senator in his arms and kissed her on her forehead, Naluma clenched her teeth and looked away.

The senator murmured, "When do you leave on your mission?"

"Not for a few days."

Naluma did not want to butt in, but something burned inside her. I just hope he's not the father of the senator's child. So much for those lofty words about a Jedi Mandate. She glared at them. Hypocrite.

The Padawan closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead in an attempt to control the headache that accompanied her disgust.

"Please, come stay with me," the woman said with her arms around Luke's waist. "There's lots of room."

Luke checked back to Naluma.

The senator followed his gaze. "Oh, you're both invited. Please."

Luke wrapped his right arm around Leia's shoulder and turned to face Naluma. "Oh, okay. Twist my arm, why don't you? Naluma, you all right with that?"

"As you wish, master." Her back and face stiffened to hide the turmoil within. 

Naluma followed a few paces behind as the senator led Luke to her quarters, his arm around her shoulders and hers around his waist. Naluma seethed.

When they reached the suite, a golden protocol droid met them at the door

When they reached the suite, a golden protocol droid met them at the door. "Master Luke! Please come in."

"Hello, Threepio," Luke said as he smiled at the protocol droid while the party entered the suite.