Chapter 59 - The Inflictor

Playlist:

❶ "The Battle of Endor I"—Return of the Jedi Extended ST

❶ Holding out against the walkers were mixed at best. The walkers staggered, making it difficult for their cannons to hit such small targets. However, when the cannons found their targets, no one survived.

Namir said into his headset, "All troops, scatter. Twenty meters from the nearest person. Make it hard for them to hit you."

Naluma, remembering her master's experience on Hoth, spoke on a private frequency through her helmet. "Captain, we need to take out those walkers, not just run from them."

He grew impatient. "Really? I'm glad you're here to tell us these things."

"How many Plex missiles?"

"Plex missiles won't breach that armor."

"Not the plating—the membrane under the neck is vulnerable. Blast the neck, pull up with a harpoon cable, and toss in some thermal detonators."

"Who's stupid enough to get that close? You get stepped on by one of those feet, you're deader than dead."

"I will, and I won't even need the Plex rockets."

Through his macrobinoculars, Namir observed Naluma grab an ammo bag full of thermal detonators and scuffle toward the closest walker. She approached it at an oblique angle, using the Force to anticipate where the next cannon bolts would land.

Brand called into Namir over headset. "What's that idiot Jedi doing? Gotta death wish or something?"

"Just watch. I think she's onto something."

When Naluma reached the area in front of the walker, she activated her harpoon cable. As the large foot jerked forward to smash her, the cable attached to the armored beast with electromagnets and drew her up to the neck of the AT-AT.

Naluma ignited her lightsaber and opened up the neck membrane. She threw a few detonators toward the command head and five toward the back. Then she released her harpoon cable and dropped to the ground, using the Force to slow her descent to the sand below. The Jedi scrambled out of the way as the walker erupted in a blast of golden sparks and crimson flames. The mechanical beast wobbled, it's gangling legs locking up before it keeled over. The crash shook the surrounding area for clicks.

 The crash shook the surrounding area for clicks