Chapter 52 - Jedi Rites

Playlist:

❶ "Anakin's Betrayal"—Revenge of the Sith OST

A few days later, Lor San Tekka, cleric of the Church of the Force and one of the last surviving Alderaanians, arrived from Kira in the Expansion Area

He was a middle-aged gentleman with a close-cut beard that contrasted against his tanned skin. Streaks of gray marked his dark hair, but his body betrayed a certain youthfulness to it. He wore the beads and gown of his office regally.

As he strolled off the transport, Leia ran to meet him and hugged him. "Lor San Tekka, I'm so glad you could come."

"My pleasure, Your Highness. My pleasure. I've been meaning to introduce myself to Master Skywalker for some time now. There aren't many of us clerics left, and I believe the Jedi and the church could both aid each other in the re-establishment of their orders."

Leia led him to their suite where Luke, Han, Chewie, and Naluma awaited them

Leia led him to their suite where Luke, Han, Chewie, and Naluma awaited them. Luke rose when the door opened. He greeted him with a formal bow. "Lor San Tekka, a pleasure to meet you."

"And you, too, Master Skywalker. And this must be your Padawan I've heard so much about," he said, motioning to Naluma.

She bowed with respect. "Naluma Fau."

Leia introduced, "And this is my husband Han and our dear friend Chewbacca."

"A pleasure to meet all of you," the priest said as he extended both arms before him. "Let's not waste time. Have a seat, and I will tell you what I remember from the graduation rites of the Old Jedi Order."

Naluma remained standing as they all took seats, in preference to the elders. "Lor San Tekka, would you care for refreshment?"

"Please. Saft if you have it, water if not."

She brought a crystal tumbler of clear water to the table.

"Well, from what I remember of the Jedi Rites, first was the preparation. The master and the Padawan would engage in ablutions and silence for six hours preceding the ceremony. Then the master and Padawan stood side-by-side in front of the cleric."