Chapter 107 - Decisions, Decisions

Playlist:

❶ "Diego's Goodbye"—The Mask of Zorro OST

Once they had reached the medbay, Zeke disinfected Naluma's wound

Once they had reached the medbay, Zeke disinfected Naluma's wound. He then applied a local anesthetic and stitched up the laceration. Ben stood in the doorway and watched with widened eyes.

Meanwhile, Luke found medical-grade plastic to wrap around the cybernetic stump. 

Zeke moved to Luke and looked at the wrapping job. "Master Luke, everything all right?"

"Yeah, just need to keep the stump dry right now. Can you tape it for me?"

"Sure." The young man grabbed the roll of waterproof tape and secured the plastic shield to his wrist. 

'Luma? Luke closed his eyes and inhaled. Pain meds?

She grabbed the bottle of pain killers from the shelf.

He shook his head. Not those.

Naluma headed to the secured cabinet with the restricted meds, unlocked it with the Force, and handed him a small packet of two blue capsules. "I'm so sorry." 

He gulped them without water to dull the pain in his groin. "I forgive you." When Luke could breathe a little easier, he said to Ben, "Well, let's check out chapel. Probably not as exciting as a saber duel, but just as important in learning the ways of the Force."

At the chapel, Luke introduced Ben to Lor San Tekka

The older gentleman smiled at the boy. "Ben, I'm delighted to meet you. I've known your mother since she was a little girl. Quite a favorite she was of mine in the temple. Welcome."

You're older than I expected. Thought you'd be more robust, considering your supposed to be this renowned explorer of the galaxy. He masked his true feelings and responded with a slight bow of respect. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lor San Tekka. My mother often speaks fondly of you."

After the youth took a seat with the rest of the Padawan, Luke said, "Ben, I'll meet you in the dining hall for lunch." He exited through the back door without waiting for a response.