Chapter 32 - Not Tonight

Playlist:

⊘ Silence

⊘ "Leia, let me in

⊘ "Leia, let me in." Han pressed his hand on the palm sensor and then pounded on the door to their apartment one more time.

A Neimoidian poked his blue reptilian head out a door down the corridor and narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

With a quieter thump, Han said, "Don't make a scene, Leia."

The hatch whooshed open to reveal a red-faced Princess of Alderaan. She grabbed his arm and dragged him into the suite while Threepio halted a few paces away.

"Switch off, Threepio," Leia commanded the droid.

"Switching off, Your Highness," the droid said before powering down.

"You rekeyed the lock?"

"What do you think? You humiliate—"

Han pushed his hands in front of him. "Wait? I humiliated you? You're the one who humiliated me in front of the whole Senate. You think they're going to give me another mission now?"

Leia crossed her arms and huffed. "That won't be the reason."

"Oh, you managing my life now?"

"No, I don't have to." She turned her back and stepped toward the living room.

When Han spun her around, he noticed the slight baby bump under her flowing Senatorial gown.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"You come in, reeking of Corellian rum, and bring us nothing we can use. I risked my position in the Senate, all credibility, letting you go on this mission. You have no idea—"

"It's not my fault they sent me on a wild bantha chase."

Leia shook her head and pressed her lips together as tears welled in her eyes. She swallowed and crossed her arms once more, turning from him. When he clutched her elbow, she shook him off. "Don't touch me." She stared out the sliding window at the mountains in the distance.

"Look ..."

"You don't get it, Han. Jakku is our last chance. All of the other targets washed up." She hung her head low. "I was counting on you."

Han slid between her and her view. "Sh. We'll figure something out. We always do." He pulled her close to his chest and ran his hand down her back.

Leia pushed him off her with more force than he thought she could possess. "No."

He stumbled into the plastiglass sliding door. "What'd you do that for?" He rubbed his head.

"Sex is always your solution, Han. Well, it's not going to work this time."

"It always works." He cocked his head and smirked at her. He teased her. "You know you can't get enough of me."

"Not this time. I've had quite enough of you."