Chapter 38 - Now We Wait

Playlist:

❶ "Speeder Bike Chase"—Return of the Jedi Extended ST

❷ "The Return of the Jedi"—Return of the Jedi OST

They hiked southwest for ten clicks, birds chirping in the upper branches of some of the largest sosna trees Han had ever seen

They hiked southwest for ten clicks, birds chirping in the upper branches of some of the largest sosna trees Han had ever seen. If not for the threat of Imperial pursuit, the fragrance of the kevina flowers dotting the steepening hillside on their flank would've been a soothing treat. Beyond the shroud of chaparral close by, a stream gurgled and covered the sounds of their footsteps. Han bit his lower lip and then glanced at Luke.

He shook his head and turned his eyes down tothe game trail they traversed. Looking back at Luke, he asked, "So, kid, why are you here, on Telti of all places?"

"Blowing up the biohazard plant," Luke said with nonchalance as he gnawed on a ration stick.

Han looked at them both. "Just you and her? You've got to be kidding me."

Chewie agreed with a rumble.

"Hey, you guys can leave anytime you want to. We appreciate your help, but we have a mission to fulfill."  Naluma stood and brushed the dust off her pants.

"Listen, sweetheart, I can do whatever I please. I answer to no one. If I want to help you guys, then I will," Han said as he crossed his arms. "Right, Chewie?"

Chewie roared an agreement.

"Just don't mess it up," Naluma said. "And don't call me 'sweetheart.'" She marched away a few meters.

"Han, just calm down. Naluma and I have a plan."

"Yeah? How are you going to blow it up? With your lightsabers or something?" Han stared at the smoke from the crash rising above the expansive forest spreading out below them.

Luke followed his gaze to the crash site where their explosives had been stored in the food crates and said, "Well, we'll improvise."

"What are we dealing with here, kid? Nukes? Bio?"

"Not sure." Luke bit his lip.

Chewie and Han conversed for a few minutes. "Well, Chewie and I, we'll stick around and see what we can do."

"