Chapter 47 - Emergency Alert

Playlist:

❶ "Maz' Counsel"—The Force Awakens OST

The emergency alert blared throughout the Senatorial Complex, waking everyone within it

The emergency alert blared throughout the Senatorial Complex, waking everyone within it. Luke groaned and rolled off the couch. Han and Leia jumped out of bed, grabbing their clothes from the floor as the alarm clamored.

Ben cried in the nursery, and Chewie roared. He covered his sensitive ears with his large paws. Leia rushed past Luke on the sofa to the other side of the suite and grabbed Ben. She cradled him, covering his ears between her chest and elbow. "Sh, Benny. Mama's here. Hush, Baby Boy."

When he continued to wail, she yelled, "Han, can you shut that thing off?"

The siren whooped a few more cycles before while Han pulled it off the wall and yanked the wires out of the back.

"Thank—" A furious pounding on the front door interrupted her. "Now what?"

"Senator Organa! Senator Organa!"

Chewie took the baby from her, rocking him gently.

She held up her hand to Han to stay back and tied her robe before opening the hatch. "Yes?"

A young bailiff stood in front of her. "Emergency Senate meeting. All representatives are required to attend."

"Required?"

"Yes, ma'am."

She eyed the young man up and down. "Wait a minute while I change."

He shook his head. "There isn't time."

Luke stepped forward, having just pulled on his boots. "I'll join—"

The alarm stopped when an announcement came over the loudspeaker in the corridor. "Emergency session of the Senate. Base personnel to duty stations. This is a Full Alert. This is not a drill. Again, emergency session of the Senate. Base personnel to duty stations. This is a Full Alert. This is not a drill."

Leia raced through the door with Han and Luke jogging after her. Chewie loped behind them with the squealing infant in his arms.

 Chewie loped behind them with the squealing infant in his arms