Chapter Five

-------------------

Dedication: AdventurousA for the amazing cover! I love it!

Recap:

The annoying thing was, he wasn't even breathless. He just conquered two laps in one of the quickest times I've seen. In person, anyway, T.V doesn't count.

"No. Now back off, you rich little shit."

He physically stepped back and blinked at me. "What did you say?"

"You heard me." I sneered, pressing my body to his, making him step back. "Don't think you're going to drive me out. The worse you treat me, the more I'll want to stay. So go ahead, give me everything you got. I'm not going anywhere."

Pressing my palm to his head, I pushed as hard as I could, so that he went under the water. I ducked under the dividers until I was at the edge of the pool. I stomped, as fast as I could in water, up the stairs.

I've never hated anyone more than I hate Hayden Cameron.

--------------------

I groan dramatically and half-heartedly punch the wall beside the flyer.

The swim tryouts, who apparently anyone can sign up for, isn't held until two weeks from now. I have been killing myself for the past week, expecting them to spring it on me any second. I guess the extra time to practise will be beneficial, but I'm impatient and want to be on the team now.

Tonight, there is a swim-off and a few other schools in the area come here to verse the Elite swim team. It's apparently a practise -type-competition for the real ones. I sort of had my hopes up that I could swim tonight.

Looks like that isn't going to happen.

Sighing, I skulk back to my locker, a sour expression planted on my face. Just great. 

"Why the long face?" Harvey greets, leaning against the lockers.

"Swim tryouts aren't for another two weeks," I mutter, jamming my History book far too aggressively into my locker.

"I still don't think it's a good idea," he trails off, eyes pleading for me to understand. "The swim team are the nastiest ones of them all. Hayden and his group," he physically shudders, closing his eyes. "They're not good guys and I don't want to see you get hurt."

"You are very sweet," I reply, slamming my door shut after grabbing my English textbook. "But I need to be on the swim team. I'll be fine."

Exhaling deeply through his nose, he looks defeated. "Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you though."

"Thanks. I have to go or I'll be late. Catchya' at lunch," I say over my shoulder as I briskly walk to R block.

I rounded the corner and slam into someone's chest. Falling back, I land painfully on my butt, tingles shooting up my left arm.

"Watch where you're going, transfer," the girl spat.

It's the one who had been sitting close to Hayden the other day when I approached them. I roll my eyes, getting to my feet.

"Transfer?" I echo. "That's the best you got?"

"Stay away from Hayden and our group. We don't want you. No one here does."

"Oh," I nod, unable to stop the grin forming on my face. "Right. You're into him, he doesn't like you back, you see me as a threat. I get it now."

She scoffs, her face flooding with outrage. "You're not a threat."