Chapter Twenty Six

-----------------------

Dedication: Charcoal_face_paint for the awesome cover! Thank you!

Recap:

No... This could not be happening.

Unknown: I own you now. Love, Mia.

Letting out a groan, I throw my phone onto the ground.

I'm screwed.

Do any of you have songs that remind you of this story? Interested in making myself a playlist of songs to listen to when I write. If you have any songs you love or any that you remind you of the story/any of the characters, please comment here! [Insert Here].

----------------------

I have never walked to school so fast in my life.

I storm from my house, slamming the door behind me. I left extra early to go pay Mia a visit. She always has to be the first one at practise. Today, I was thankful for the annoying trait.

Stalking into the gym and out into the locker room, I see her blonde hair draped in a high ponytail. I stomp over to her, grabbing a fistful of her hair and reefing her head back.

A scream leaves her lips as she staggers back, whirling around to face me.

"You think you can threaten me?" I sneer, stepping closer to her. "You don't want to start a war with me, Mia," I threaten, my eyes narrowing.

Her cheeks burn crimson, revealing her true emotions, but her eyes cloud over as she takes a step back from me, folding her arms across her chest.

"I'm looking out for him."

"Hayden?" I let out a humourless laugh. "Don't you think you would be with him if he wanted you?"

She opens her mouth to retort but I continue, hardly drawing breath.

"You're a psychopath! He's not yours to claim. You blackmailing me is pathetic and shows what kind of person you really are."

"Yeah, and you," she points out with a shrug. "I'm sure Hayden would love to hear the stories about you sleeping with the Coach."

"One, we never did. The thing that happened between us is long over, so it isn't even worthy of blackmail, really," I laugh, shaking my head. "Why have you been sitting on this? Why not try and expose me when you first stalked me?"

She made a face at the 'stalk' comment but doesn't say anything on the matter. "I wasn't sure what way you would go--the Coach or Hayden. You chose Hayden," she narrows her eyes. "So, I decided to use the photos. Turns out, you're not like Carrie as much as I thought."

My stomach clenches at the mention of Hayden's infamous ex who seems to be so much like me. I don't take the bait, however, and roll my eyes.

"So what, you can't have Hayden so no one else can, either?"

"I will have him," she breathes, stepping closer to me. "It's so close to happening and you're getting in the way."

"Oh God, you're delusional," I laugh and the sound is harsh. "Do you know what he says about you behind your back?"

She stiffens. That was a bluff, but a good one. It got her attention.

"You're lying."

"I think your name saved in his phone proves it."

"You're a fucking bitch, Grace. You shouldn't speak to me like that when I have-"

"I know what you have," I snap. "You have nothing except your smart mouth. I'm not scared of you."