Chapter Sixteen

----------------

Dedication: __mayhem__ for the amazing cover! It's so gorgeous!

Recap:

"I'll go get you some," he offered, springing to his feet.

He was back within moments and I skulled a glass. I let out a sigh, reclining back.

"Much better."

It was a different vibe to a few moments ago, much to my relief. He laid down beside me and I slithered across and pressed my head onto his chest. His arm snaked around my waist and I let my eyes drift close.

It took only seconds and I was asleep.

-----------------

Wherever I am, it is way too bright.

Squinting, I peer through my eyelids to discover I am in my room and had forgotten to draw the curtains. Groaning, I flop back down onto the pillow and wince.

My face hurts. Why does my face hurt?

As my body slowly begins to gain proper function, I soon realise, my stomach is churning and my head throbbing. I do not feel good...

My mouth waters. I reel into sitting position and hastily search my room, to find that I am by myself.

Didn't Harvey stay with me last night?

Before I can ponder that thought, I am running to the bathroom. I barely make it in time, before I throw up. My body trembles as I grip the sink basin.

Why did I think tequila shots were a good idea?

Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I stand, stumbling back slightly. I edge into the shower cubicle, my movements slow. I let out a sigh as the cold water runs down my skin.

As I lean against the glass pane, I think back to last night. I shouldn't have kissed Harvey again-I didn't want to lead him on. I was drunk and he was being so sweet... I let myself enjoy being with him.

He is my best friend. What was I thinking?

Were things going to be awkward between us now? I'm never going to forgive myself if things aren't the same as they were.

I am still hung up on Ashton. It wasn't fair of me to attempt to 'move on', with Harvey. 

With a sigh, I exit the shower and towel off, my mind stuck on a nauseating replay of last night.

I throw on a pair of denim shorts and a daisy-print shirt, leaving my wet hair hanging down my shoulders. I brace myself as I descend the stairs. I'm not sure if Harvey is going to be down there or not.

As I enter the kitchen, being lead there by the smell of food, I didn't expect to see Harvey and my mother, eating breakfast together. My heart jerks in my chest and I pause, taking in the scene before me.

Harvey is dressed in a different outfit to last night. He now wears a pair of plain shorts and a Lord of the Rings shirt. I shake my head at him, reading the quote: "Not all who wander, are lost," which is printed on the left side of his chest.

My mother is still dressed in her work uniform, her hair piled into a messy bun on the top of her head. A steaming cup of coffee is planted in her hands as they spoke. They haven't even realised I'm here.

Harvey is chomping on a piece of toast whilst my mother's plate is empty. I'm not sure what would have been on it-I can't remember the last time we ate breakfast together.