"I can't"

Carl's p.o.v

"Carl you have to get out of bed" Fiona walked in. I barely do anything anymore. There's no reason to. I have literally never been as upset as I am now. I get up anyways, and go to get in the shower.

After I'm done I get dressed. I walk downstairs to see everyone hurrying before school, like usual. I walk out the door and head to school.

When I get there, I see my guys.

"Waddup" Chris said as he playfully punched my shoulder.

"Nothing man. Trying not to kill someone" he laughed and we all walked into the school.

Skylar's p.o.v

I'm sitting in English. Carl isn't here. That's normal he skips a lot.

Suddenly the door swings open and he walks in. I only glance at him for a second before returning my eyes back to the board. I started thinking of how close we used to be.

We used to be best friends. We hung out everyday. We were best friends for four months before we started dating. I wish we never had dated. I love him, I really do, but it only ruined us.

I sighed loudly. Everyone looked at me, including the teacher.

"Problem?" I asked her. She shook her head and turned back to righting on the board. I leaned back in my chair, when I felt someone right at my ear.

"You'll tell me one day why you did it" he whispered. I bit my lip, trying to not say anything. Instead, I got up and walked out of the door.

I notice someone crying in the hallway. As I get closer to them I realize it's Debbie. She has her hands covering her face, so she doesn't see me coming up to her.

"Hey Debs, you okay?" I ask. She looks up and stares at me. I continue "look I understand if you hate me for what I did but-" I was interrupted by her hugging me tightly. I hug her back, feeling tears escape my eyes.

"Skylar I thought you hated me" she started crying again.

"No no debs I don't. I could never hate you."

"Then why did you do it? Why did you break up with him, then stop talking to me? Or Ian? Or lip or Fiona?" She asked, her voice cracking.

"God Debbie I wish I could tell you. But I can't.." I started. I could feel myself about to cry. "I can't" I whispered again. Then came the tears. I was sobbing. I slid down on the floor and she sat down with me. We were both crying.

"Oh god we're such a mess" she tried to laugh in between the crying and I weakly smiled. I pulled my legs up to my chest and put my head in my hands. My cast was irritating the fuck out of me but I didn't care right now.

The bell rang and people started pouring out of classrooms. Everyone stared at me and Debbie sobbing on the floor, but no one said anything. Carl walked past as I laid my head down on Debbie's shoulder. He just stared as he walked past. I kept my head down.

"So why were you crying in the first place?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I just got really upset and yeah.." I nodded and sat there in silence.

Hey guys! I know this is lame but there's probably two more chapters until the end! You guys will be pretty shocked at the ending 😂

I love you guys! Don't forget to vote!

~Maddiee