"You gotta tell the truth"

Hey guys! I'm currently writing this in study hall, and I'm bored as frick. Anyway, make sure to read the authors note at the bottom of the chapter!

Skylar's p.o.v

"Come on" my lawyer said. She led me to a room with only one window, which looks like a mirror, but we all know it's a window to the other side.

I was un cuffed and cuffed to the table. I sighed. I'm really getting tired of handcuffs.

Just then, a lady walked into the room, carrying bags and cups and boxes.

"Alright I got McDonald's, doughnuts, and sodas" she said.

"Skykar you have to eat something" my lawyer looked at me.

"No thanks. I'm good" I say. I really wasn't that hungry. I was worried about Carl.

"When's the last time you ate?" She asked me. I thought about it. Was it yesterday morning? I don't remember, so I just shrug.

She pushed a bag of McDonald's and a doughnut with a drink towards me.

"Okay if you want me to eat, at least un cuff me. What the hell am I gonna do? I'm not going to try and run with a cop and two lawyers here" she sat there for a moment. I started back at her gaze. She nodded towards the cop, who came to the table to I cuff me.

Once I was un cuffed, she told me to eat. I looked in the bag. Chicken nuggets and French fries. Hm. I pushed it away, even though it's my favorite.

"Do I need to cuff you to the table again?" she asked. I sighed and pulled all the stuff out. She added sweet and sour.

"Awh shucks. Sweet and sour too?" I fake smiled. The lady who brought the stuff glared at me and I left the room.

"Okay Skylar we're gonna ask you questions while you eat. It's going to be recorded." I nodded and took a bite of my chicken nugget. She continued.

"You gotta tell the truth" she stared at me.

"Okay, but I got a few questions before we start" she nodded and I continued.

"Will I get more time than him?" She looked at me for a minute.

"Well. Was he actually involved? Tell me the story first and then I can let you know" I hesitated.

"Fine" I started. " I was going on a run. I had the drugs. I was trying to get him to go away but he wouldn't. So I let him come. Then my douche bag of a dad got us caught. Then I beat the fuck out of my dad. Then we got arrested" I finished. She just stared at me.

"Well I have here that your father is getting time too. Why?" She asked me.

"Raped and killed my little sister. Then abused me years afterwards" she looked horrified.

"I'm so sorry" I nodded and took a sip of my drink.

"I also have here that you both resisted arrest. You were more violent than Carl was" I nodded.

"You also destroyed government property"

"What?"

"You broke a police cars windshield with your foot"

"Do you have it on video that I did?" She shook her head.

"Then I didn't do it" she exhaled deeply.

"Skylar. You have the evidence on your foot. It's all cut up and stuff"

"Could've been from falling off of a shed. Or my dad. You never know" she sighed.

"Okay Skykar. Listen. Carl Gallagher resisted arrest, ran from police authorities, and was there at the scene of the crime. If he proves that it was not mainly his fault, he will not serve as much time as you. But if he lies, he will get the same amount of time as you"

" Jesus Christ. How much time?"

"I'm not sure yet. You and Carl have a hearing at the same time. All of your hearings are going to be at the same time. Skylar you're doing a hefty amount of time" I nodded. I finished eating and I was cuffed.

We walked out and I passed Carl getting cuffed, and going into the room.

"Don't fucking lie to them" I spat at him. He just looked at me and continued going. Jesus Christ.

Hey guys! Ugh I know I'm a terrible person. I haven't been updating. Things are just really crazy haha. It's not easy being a freshman 😂 but anyway, I have a study hall everyday for half of the year (luckily) so I'll probably try to update every day or every two days. I love you guys!

P.s. The story is ending really soon. Jesus Christ I say it'll be ending in like two or three chapters but it's actually like two or three chapters now 😂😂

Anyway. Don't forget to vote!!!!!

~Maddieee