Tour Invite

“Come in.” He smiled and gestured inside the bus.

“Yeah, just walk into a strange tour bus, because a man you barely know invites you in.”

Andy laughed at my comment and pulled me inside.

“You can sit anywhere you’d like. The guys kicked me out of the bathroom a few minutes ago so they could use it. I get let back in after they’re done.” He laughed and sat on a couch, motioning for me to sit next to him.

“Nice bus,” I said, looking around.

“Is that sarcasm?”

“No, not really. I actually like the bus. I want to have one like it someday…”

He nodded. “Yeah, it’s pretty fun. Can I see your lanyard? I’ve seen them in Hot Topic, but I never had time to look at them up close.”

I carefully took it off and handed it to him.

“Nice press pass,” He commented. “You work for Revolver?”

“I’ve been working for them since I was fourteen.”

“Sweet,” He continued to examine my lanyard, then handed it back. “You’re headed to LA?”

I nodded and looked at my shoes.

“May I ask why, or would that be a little personal?” He asked.

“Told you earlier; I have dreams I need to chase.”

“When do you leave?”

“Tonight.”

“After the concert?”

“Right after.”

“Do your parents know?”

“They don’t have a clue. You’re the only one who knows, honestly.”

“What’s your plan?”

“I’m selling the car after the concert, taking a bus to the airport, and I am off to LA.” I said.

“What are you taking with you?”

“Two suitcases full of my artwork, my pictures, my posters, and clothing, and some of my music equipment.”

“Guitars, PA system…amp?” He asked.

“Yeah.”

He leaned back in his seat, looking off in thought.

Ashley came out of the bathroom. “You can go in Andy. Who’s the girl?”

Andy snapped out of his thoughts and stood up, offering me a smile. “This is Rai. She’s a friend of mine.”

“Cool,” Ashley grinned and took Andy’s spot next to me.

Ashley leaned closer and picked up my lanyard. “Press pass?”

“Yep.”

“Awesome. We love working with Revolver.”

“I’ve noticed. We love working with you, as well.”

He nodded appreciatively. “How old are you?”

“I’ll be seventeen in a few months. Been working for Revolver since I was fourteen.”

“Really?”

I nodded.

“And I see you’re headed to LA.”

“You and Andy observe a lot, huh?”

“Only when it comes to girls as beautiful as you.”

Oh my Godsmack. Was Ashley Purdy really hitting on me?

I smiled and blushed a little.

“So why are you headed to LA?”

“I’ve got dreams to chase.”

“All alone?”

I nodded a bit.

“Now, come on. You’re being serious?”

“Dead serious,” I looked him in the eyes.

“Do you know where you’re staying?”

“Not a clue.”

He looked like he was going to say something, but Jake came out of the bathroom.

“Hey.” Jake extended his hand out to me. “I’m Jake.”

“I’m Rain, call me Rai. I’ll be photographing your show tonight.”

“Beast. What magazine do you work for?”

Ashley answered for me. “Revolver.”

“I love them. The photographers are always a lot of fun.”

“We get that a lot,” I laughed. Ashley kept looking at me, so I turned to Jake and we talked for a bit.

Then Jinxx and CC came out of the bathroom and introduced themselves. It took me a few minutes to process that I was spending time with the Black Veil Brides and it was like we had known each other for years and by the middle of our conversation, they all knew I was headed to LA.

“Do you like what you do?” CC asked.

“I love photography.” I told him.

Jinxx looked up. “So does Sammi Doll.”

I smiled, but before I could say anything else, my phone vibrated, signaling a text.

‘Show starts in five.’

“Hey, I’d love to hang around and chat, but the show starts in five, and I have pictures to take.”

We all stood up and I shook hands with Jinxx and Jake, and Ashley and CC gave me a hug.

“See you during the show.”

I ran back into the venue and showed my pass to the security men. They let me through and I stood by the stage and took a few pictures of the set that was up. It was the local band; they were called Fame by Label.

They were really good and had potential.

Next up was one of my all time favorite bands, D.R.U.G.S.

I took several pictures of them and their set. Matt Good is one hell of a guitarist. One of my guitarist idols, right next to Jinxx, Jake, and Ashley.

Avenged was next. Their set was amazing and I had an awesome time getting the pictures.

Asking Alexandria went all out as usual, and they rocked it.

Then it was Black Veil Brides. There was fog, and the lights were dim. I saw CC on the sidelines and waved at him. He grinned back and I took a picture. After a couple minutes, Andy was on stage and they were performing New Religion. I took picture after picture, captivated by the music and the lights and how fucking AWESOME it was.

“Alright, motherfuckers. We want to dedicate this last song to a new friend of ours, who, after extensive discussion by us, will be joining us on tour if she wants. This is for Rain!”

I heard the first few chords of Youth and Whisky start up, and I kept taking pictures, despite how stunned I was.

“Rain’s actually right over there, taking pictures. You should give her some love!”

The crowd cheered and I blushed.

“These words are burning inside of me; spent years in liquid harmony. This dream is who I wanna be, Youth and Whisky!” 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It'd be super embarassing if I got the lyrics wrong because I sing that song everyday, but whatever. So review. Thanks.