Let's Go To Walmart

“No problem. So…what are the requirements for the contest you’re entering?” I asked as she moved around, putting things in her bags and suitcases.

“It can be an original song, or a cover. I think I’ll do a cover. Maybe an original…I’m still deciding. You can’t already be famous, like with a record deal and such. I called the person who runs it and asked if my few performances I did with you guys counted and she said that it didn’t. See, you don’t win the record deal so much as there are like, a thousand record company representatives in the crowd, and you get tons of exposure while they judge how good they think you are.”

“I think Standby mentioned something about that…I really think you’re going to win.”

“You don’t even know what song I’m going to do.” She smiled, looking at me briefly, before continuing to pack.

“Okay, what song are you going to do?”

“I was thinking I would do a Sleeping with Sirens song.”

“Which one?” I’d heard some of their music before; it wasn’t bad.

“All of My Heart.”

I raised my eyebrow as she blushed and looked away. “Oh?”

“Yeah…well…it’s a good song…”

“It’ll be even better with you singing it.”

“But you said something about Standby going to be in the crowd?”

“Yeah, the director is sending a few scouts.”

“I need to find something different then. SWS is a great band, but Standby is the company I’ve wanted to get signed to since forever.”

“I offered to hook you up with them…”

“And I told you I want to work for it. Andy, what song should I do?”

“Standby is aware of your talent already, so if you do a song that shows them the different ranges of talent you have, you’ve pretty much got it made.”

“Yes, give me a song to do then. Damn, Andy. I really want this.”

“I know, and I want for you to get the deal, so…maybe…Knives and Pens? Acoustic or the original.”

“Are you sure?”                          

“Positive.”

“Alright…will you practice with me?”

“Yeah. When?”

“Before this Saturday…Saturday is the contest.”

“We could start tonight. I’m sure if I called a couple of people and pulled a couple strings, I could get us in the studio so that you can get a small feel for what it will be like when you win, and that way you can hear yourself.”

“The studio?” She asked hesitantly. “I don’t know…”

“Come on, it’ll be fun.”

“Now you just sound like a rapist.” She laughed.

“Get in the van…we have candy…and ice cream…” I said in a creepy voice.

“I’m sorry, I don’t get in the van with rock star rapists.”

“But that’s the fun of it; I’m a rock star as well, so not only will you get ice cream and candy, you’ll get me!”

She messed up my hair and walked over to her bag to pick up her phone and call Dante.

“Hey, D. You packed? Dude, how much stuff do you have?” I laughed at her expression. She flipped me off, but smiled. “Alright, well, I’m ready to go. Yeah, I guess I could ask him. Alright, see you there. Oh, hey, I’m gonna pick us up some furniture. We need it.”

They hung up.

“So…?” I asked.

“So, wanna drive me to my new apartment?”

“Yeah, let’s go.” I smiled at her and grabbed her suitcases.

“Andy, how many times do I have to tell you that you don’t have to?”

“Oh, I don’t know…As many times as I’m going to?” I laughed.

I watched her check out of the hotel, and we took her luggage out to my car. The rain was starting to slow down as we arrived at her new apartment.

We took her stuff up into the apartment and found ourselves sitting on the floor in her new room, looking online at the local Wal-Mart’s inventory of blankets. She said for now, she was fine with sleeping on a couple of blankets with a pillow for a while. I disagreed at first, stating that she needs an actual bed, but gave in when she promised she’d get a real bed when she could.

“What about that one?” I asked, pointing at a black fuzzy blanket.

“Hm…maybe. Ooh, a Nightmare before Christmas blanket!”

“Well, there’s also that black comforter.”

“Oh, yeah. I want that one. I’ll get the fuzzy blanket and the black comforter. That’ll be good for now.”

I took out my phone and called the Wal-Mart to see if they had any in stock .They did.

“Well, come on then!” I smiled, standing up and extending my hand out to hers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<3 Review, dolls.