Second Chance

Before I knew it, it was time to wake up, shower, and get ready to go get Raven.

Dante, Andy and I walked into the hospital, and were directed to Raven’s room, where he practically flew across the room to hug us. He was dressed in the clothes he had worn here the day he was medicated; black Iron Maiden tee, black skinny jeans with chains, and a few bracelets, leather jacket resting on his arm.

His pale, almost translucent, skin stood out amongst the mass of black clothing and hair.

He smiled happily.

“Hey!”

Dante’s face lit up when he looked at how happy Raven was.

Dante was like the older sibling Raven never got to have…including me.

I’d left Raven; basically abandoned him. I knew he hadn’t fully forgiven me, but it was hard to accept. Where, Dante, on the other hand, had met and almost automatically bonded with Raven, instead of being busy with his girlfriend and work, and teaching him guitar, occasionally with me there too, and things like an older brother would do.

And I was busy with Andy, my band, taking care of legal documents about adopting Raven legally…When I should have been combining my time with him and everything else.

But, on the bright side, the adoption papers had gone through this morning. Raven could legally live with us.

“Okay, everybody, I have good news.” I said finally.

Dante grinned at me, and Andy and Raven looked confused.

“Well, Andy, you were on tour, and couldn’t sign, so Dante signed his name, and I signed mine, and Raven, you’re legally able to live with us. No cops are gonna come up and take you back to Tammy.”

Raven’s whole body froze for a second, then he jumped over and hugged me like his life depended on it.

I hugged him back, reluctant to ever let go.

This is my second chance; my time to make it right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my Iero. Okay, I'm going to apologize for: the shortness of this chapter, and for the update wait. Things were getting a little hectic with my life, but I'm working on sorting it out. :) Thanks for being patient, thanks to those who reviewed last chapter, and thank you to the silent readers as well. You all rock <3