Smile; It's The Second Best Thing You Can Do With Your Mouth

A few hours later, light wasn’t shining in through my windows anymore and Dante was already awake, staring at the wall.

“What’s up, D?”

“Do you miss Andy yet?”

“What?” Where’d that come from?

“Do you miss Andy yet?” He repeated.

“Well, yeah…but I can’t really…why? What’s going on?”

“He just came by, asking to see you. He was…smashed is putting it nicely. He looks like a fucking wreck. His hair was all greasy and not combed and I swear the clothes he was wearing haven’t been washed since last month.”

“Oh.”

D nodded. “It’s alright if you miss him, you know? I miss Nicci still sometimes.”

I bit my lip. What had happened between he and Nicci hadn’t been spoken about. From what I understood, Nicci played him a few times and he repeatedly begged for her back, but she continuously rejected him in some of the harshest ways possible.

“I’m sorry, Dante.”

“I’m gonna go see if Raven is still moving stuff into his room.”

“It’s, like, two in the morning, D, he’s probably with Asher, or asleep. Or both.”

“Yeah…well, I’m going to give you some privacy, then.” He attempted a small smile and I gave him a quick hug before I lay back down to go to sleep.

The next couple of days consisted of packing, checking lists to make sure everything was in order, having Raven reassure us he’d finish unpacking his room and keep the house clean and in one piece, minor anxiety attacks about having to see Andy, and, on the day we were leaving for tour, meeting Ashley, CC, Jinxx, Jake, and Sammi at Jinxx and Sammi’s house. I wasn’t told if Andy was going to be there.

But, of course, he was.

CC, Jinxx, Jake, Ashley, and I all greeted each other with hugs. Dante, noting that Andy was there, stayed close to me, which I was grateful for.

Andy looked like a mess. Dante had been right. His hair was greasy and unkempt, his eyeliner was smudged around bloodshot eyes, and his clothes were rumpled and dirty.

“So, Sammi told me about Ms. Mommy-to-be, here.” Jinxx smiled at me.

Andy’s eyes flicked over to me and he scowled.

“Smile, honey; it’s the second best thing you can do with your lips,” I said to him before I could think about it.

I heard Ash and Dante snickering beside me, but ignored it.

“Shut the fuck up.” He muttered.

“Get fucked,” I threw back.

“Trust me, I have been.” He smirked.

“No wonder you look so messed up. Catch something from a whore, did you?”

“You’re one to talk. You’re fucking knocked up. Did you fuck some guy right after we broke up or something? Or, wait, before we broke up? Is Dante your little boy-toy? I mean, I wouldn’t put it past him, considering Brooklyn…”

“That’s just a rumor! Nothing ever happened between Brooklyn and I. Not in that way.” Dante said firmly.

I was confused and pissed off.

“You’re an ass, Andy. I didn’t fuck Dante. At least he’s supportive.”

“I don’t know why I agreed to put us on this tour.” His voice had risen considerably, but Sammi came into the living room before I could say anything back.

“Andy, shut the fuck up, and sit down. Rain, please do the same.” She commanded.

Everything got quiet for a minute as we both sat down; Andy on the couch, and me and Dante in a couple of chairs.

“Rain, you’re not a whore. You know that, the boys know that, and Andy, you sure as fuck know that, but you’re just being stupid right now. I hope to god you get the fuck over it.”

“God damn it, Sammi. You’ve known me longer than you’ve known her!”

“Mother of fuck, Andy.” Ashley finally said. “Stop being a fucking child. Big whoop, Rain’s only been here for about four years, that’s a long fucking time. We’re a family, and right now, we’re definitely fighting like one. I want both of you to shut up and if you’re going to say anything to each other, it had better be nice.”

There was an awkward silence after that, where we sat there and nobody looked at each other.

Then CC cleared his throat. “I think Andy’s lucky Raven’s not here.”

That caused a few of us to look up and smile.

Andy scowled again and stared determinedly at the floor.

“Um…well, let’s all get to the buses then.” Jake pitched in a comment.

There was a murmur of assent from everyone, and we all grabbed our bags, heading out to the couple of cars that were parked out front the apartment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I'm thinking about uploading again soon, if you'd like?