The Studio

Rain’s POV

I was nervous, I admit. It would be my first time in a studio; a professional one.

I hoped I’d do well with the song; after all, I’d be there with its creator.

Sitting in the car on the way there was nice. It always felt right when I was with Andy.

Sometimes I wonder if I’d just decided to go with it on Christmas, what would’ve happened?

But Sammi, Dante and I agree that it was the past, and I need to keep moving forward, or it will get in the way.

So, that’s what I was doing. Except, there’s no moving forward if you’re around the person you’re head over heels in love with.

We pulled into a parking lot and Andy led me to a really nice recording studio. There were guitars I recognized sitting around, a drum set in one of the recording rooms, and a couple of Ash’s bass guitars in another. Andy opened the door to one with just a recording microphone and some headphones were.

I walked in.

“Here, make yourself comfortable – as comfortable as you can in here, anyway,” He smiled. “And I’ll signal you when to start.”

I nodded. This was different than the few times I’d performed on stage with them, for a few reasons. One: There was no crowd. Two: My voice on stage was mixed with Andy’s. Three: I was in a freaking studio! Four: My dreams actually depended on tonight.

I put on the headphones and stood in front of the microphone. Andy’s voice came through the headphones.

“Hey. Everything good in there?”

“Yep.” I wondered if he could hear me. I could see this little window where he was sitting.

“Good. Okay, the track will come up in a minute. You know your cue right?”

I nodded.

“Alright.”

A few seconds later, I heard the sound leading up to the guitars. I waited and when it came along, I started singing.

“Alone at last, we can sit and fight.” I messed up halfway into the song from nervousness and Andy paused the track.

“It’s okay; it happens all the time. You’re actually doing very well.” He said.

I nodded silently, mentally cussing myself out for fucking up.

“Do you want to restart?” He asked.

“Yeah, sure.”

The track played again. This time, I actually made it through the whole song. I was scared to see how it would sound though.

When it ended, I looked through the small window to see Andy smiling happily. I put down the headphones and opened the door to go out where he was.

“Let’s listen.” He said, standing up and pressing a button on one of the machines. I heard my voice with the Knives and Pens tune. It didn’t sound bad at all.

When the audio was finished playing, I turned around to see a still smiling Andy. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

“Thank you so, so, so, so much!”

“It’s nothing. Honestly.” He smiled while his cheeks tinted a light red.

Andy drove me back to the apartment. We got out of his car and he leaned on the side of it, looking at me.

“So…you wanna stay over tonight? We could watch Batman on my laptop…” I asked. I wasn’t completely sure about it, but I think he was okay with us being just friends for now, because he hadn’t really tried anything today..

“Uh, yeah, sure. Which Batman?” He asked as we walked up the stairs to my apartment.

“Batman Begins.” I said, opening the door. Dante was sitting on the floor in the music room, testing his guitar.

“It work, D?” I asked.

“Yeah, but the PA is fucking up. I’ll work with it tomorrow. I’m too tired tonight. Oh, and someone called me about a couch, saying that you told them to call me. They’re bringing it by in the morning.”

“Cool. I might be able to tweak the PA tonight really quick if you want, though.”

Andy was just kind of standing there, but it wasn’t awkward, it was just like…normal.

“No, it’s okay. Is he staying over tonight?” Dante asked, standing up and setting his guitar in the stand.

“Yeah. We’re gonna chill in my room and watch Batman.”

“Nerd,” Dante smiled.

“At least I don’t dream about kissing Gerard.”

“I dreamt that once! Once!” Dante said, blushing furiously and getting defensive. “And who the fuck hasn’t dreamed about that?”

“I haven’t.” Andy said.

“I’ll admit I have before, but come on! Have you seen that man?” I laughed.

“See?! I’m not the only one!”

“Yes, but you are the only straight male in this room who has dreamt that.”

Dante sniffed in mock annoyance and walked to his room, closing the door behind him.

“No fucking!” He yelled through the door.

“You ruin all the fun, Dante,” Andy grinned.

Dante ignored us and didn’t say anything back.

“C’mon.” I said, leading Andy to my room. We sat on the blankets and I pulled Batman Begins up on the screen of my laptop. Andy watched as my Batman Begins Windows Media Player popped up and did its thing. I opened the movie to full tab and we sat there and watched most of it. I fell asleep leaning on Andy around the middle of the movie.

I was very tired. It had been a long day.

The last thing I remember is Andy shifting me so that I was lying down under the blankets, hearing him take off his boots and jacket, then laying down beside me, humming Rebel Love Song.

I dreamt of Andy and I running hand in hand across water, trying to get to the sunset. Halfway across, Andy’s hand fell out of mine, and my ability to walk across the water faltered and I fell into the ocean. Andy fell in too, and he brought me up from under the surface, kissing me after he did so, and hugging me.

“I love you, Andy.” I whispered in my dream.

Andy’s POV

Rain fell asleep halfway through the movie, leaning on my shoulder, so I shifted her so that she could lay down and be comfortable.

I took off my boots and my jacket, since I had failed to do so earlier, and then lay down next to her.

I hummed Rebel Love Song lightly, missing these times we spent together. Falling asleep next to her was one of the greatest feelings in the world.

The next morning as I was waking up and looking at Rain sleeping, I saw her smile and whisper, “I love you, Andy.”

I knew she didn’t mean it, it was just her dream-self talking, but I couldn’t help whisper, “I love you,” back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N'aww................Exciting things are coming up really soon! Just a notice, but review this chapter and let me know what you think! <3