How Wrong We Were

The next day I went back to my house to pack, looking forward to, yet dreading, this tour.

I sat on my bed after packing, messing with my phone. I was playing TempleRun when it rang.

“Hey CC, what’s up?” I’d forgiven him for what had happened…he didn’t mean to be sucked into the mess that had been Juliet and me’s relationship.

“Um, well, I just called…because…um…well…I want everything to be normal between us again!” He stammered.

I laughed lightly. “CC, dude, it’s no problem. I forgive you for what happened, because it wasn’t completely your fault. Juliet’s got problems. Besides, either way, Juliet and I weren’t gonna last much longer. I was falling in love with Rain, and I was starting to see what Juliet really was.”

“Oh. Well…alright then. I get the feeling this tour’s gonna be much less tense than the last one!” He said happily.

“Very much so,” I agreed. Oh how wrong we were…

24 Hours later

I stood at the airport with Sammi, Jinxx, Ash, CC, and Jake yet again, but this time, there were a couple more very important people standing with me. Raven stood on my left, giving me a tight hug, and Rain stood on my right, kissing my cheek and fretting about if I had everything and making sure I’d be alright.

I’d only known Raven for a little while, but I’d miss him. We got along pretty well, even though he was more of Dante’s little buddy.

“I love you, Rain, you know that right?”

“Yes. You know I love you, too.” She said.

Raven cleared his throat awkwardly and muttered about going to say goodbye to the others.

“Call me before your show tomorrow. I don’t care what I’m doing, I’ll drop everything to hear your voice.”

“I promise.” I said. “I wish you were able to be there again…But I understand your responsibilities to Raven and your band. Annnddd, I think Dante’s gonna need you. He may act like it doesn’t bother him, but Nicci and him…he’s just gonna need some support.”

“I know. Raven and I’ll most definitely support him; he’s my best friend. Plus, it helps that he’s getting to be close with Raven. He needs male role figures in his life…he’s never had a proper one like you and D.”

“I’m going to miss you both so much…But if you want, we’ll celebrate when I get back?” I said suggestively.

She pressed her mouth against mine but pulled back before I had time to respond. “I’d love to.”

“And maybe I’ll be able to fly you and Raven and Dante out to England for a week or two on the tour. Cuz I don’t know if I can go three months without seeing your beautiful self.”

I hugged her, but was pulled away abruptly by Ash dragging me onto the plane.

“Bye guys! I love you, Rain! Be good Raven!” I yelled to them. I felt like a dad…or a big brother…or something along those lines.

It kind of scared me.

Were we taking things too fast?

We’d only been dating a little while, but I know I’ve liked her…no, loved her, for quite a while.

My phone buzzed as I sat down. I smiled, thinking it would be Rain.

My smile was gone instantly as I saw the number I knew all too well.

‘Hey, can we talk?’ The text read.

‘No.’

‘Why not, Andy? I think we could work this out.’