IHOP

I woke up when I heard keys jingling and the door opening.

Raven walked in, shedding his studded leather jacket and dropping it on a chair in the kitchen. I watched as he sat down in one of the chairs and stared at the wall for a moment.

Carefully, I moved out of Dante’s arms and out from under Sammi’s legs.

I walked into the kitchen and sat across from him.

“Hey, kiddo.” I greeted with a small smile.

“Hey,” He said.

“What’s up?” I asked, reaching over and brushing his fringe out of his eyes.

“Nothing much, really. Just a long day today. A couple of the jocks tried to beat me and Asher up.” He sighed.

“Fucking hell. I’ll go to school on Monday with you, if you want, and talk to your teachers or something.” I offered.

“No, it’s okay. We…handled it.”

I frowned. “Handled it?”

“Well, one of them was trying to get me to suck his dick, so I just slammed my knee upwards into his nuts. That got him to back off, with a voice about eight octaves higher. Asher was kinda held up with one who was trying to pants him and tie him to the bleachers, but I got behind the dude and got him by the hair and Ash managed to get his pants done back up and punch the guy in the face. Hit him pretty hard too.”

I high fived him. “Good for you two!”

He smiled softly. “Yeah…so what’s up with you? Why’s Sammi here?”

I hesitated slightly. “Andy and I broke up.”

His eyes widened a little. “What? Why?”

Biting my lip, I told him. “You’re going to have a niece or nephew.”

“No way?”

“Yes way. And…Andy doesn’t want kids. He doesn’t know, though, that it’s his…”

Raven reached his hand out and held mine. “It’ll work out okay…I kind of get your reasoning for not telling Andy. I won’t tell him, either.”

I smiled appreciatively. “Also, Dante and I were discussing possibly getting a house? How would you like that?”

“My own room? I’d fucking love that.” He grinned.

“Awesome. We start looking for a house today in a few hours, so go get some sleep.”

“Trust me, I’m not tired. Ash and I took a nap when we got back to his, and then we filled up with skittles and energy drinks.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, that’s all you did.”

He giggled. “Yes..it is…”

“Lies,” I laughed with him.

He stuck his tongue out.

I looked at the clock; it was around eight in the morning.

“Let’s go wake up Sammi and Dante. Maybe Sammi will want to come along to look at houses.” I suggested.

He stood up and went to crouch by Dante.

I watched him grin at me mischievously and cup his hands around D’s ear.

I heard a loud muffled sound and Dante jolted awake. “Holy fuck! The world is ending!”

When he calmed down a bit, he looked around blearily and spotted Raven on the floor, clutching his sides as he giggled.

“You little motherfucker. I’ll get you back, bitch.” Dante laughed.

Sammi sat up and looked around.

“Oh, hey, guys,” She smiled a little.

“Good morning,” I greeted. “Hey, so if you’d like, Sammi, we’re going out for breakfast and then we’re going to go house hunting, if you want to come along?”

“Yeah, sure. I don’t really have much to do today…” She agreed. “How are you feeling?”

“Eh,” I answered.

She smiled sympathetically.

Dante stood up. “I’m going to go change clothes, and then we can head out, I think.”

“Well, while you take forever to change, like usual, I’m going to go shower, and get ready to go. Raven, Sammi?” I said.

“I think I’ll just sit here and watch your television. Or raid your cupboards for tea.” Sammi said.

“I showered at Ash’s, so I think I’m just gonna get changed.” Raven added.

“Alright, see you all in a few.”

After I’d showered, dried my hair, and gotten dressed, and Raven and Dante had changed clothes, Sammi set her cup in the sink and we headed out to the car.

“Where are we going for breakfast?” Dante asked.

“IHOP!” Raven said.

“I’m down,” Sammi pitched in.

“I’m not that hungry, so I’ll just get something small, and look for houses to check out.”

“Are you sure?” Dante asked.

“Totally sure, dude.”

As we pulled into IHOP, Raven jumped out enthusiastically, running towards the building, Sammi not far after him. As I grabbed my laptop bag and stepped out of the car, Dante lingered behind with me.

“You sure you’re alright?”

“Definitely. But I don’t think that breakfast is a great idea for me right now. Maybe…later or something. Thanks, though.”

He nodded and we walked into the building.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like, 7 more chapters.. :) This story has been immense fun! <3