Ice Cream and The Labyrinth

I smiled weakly at Dante’s suggestion.

“Sammi’ll understand,” He added. He picked my phone up from the table and scrolled through my contacts, calling Sammi once he found her number. As it rang, he put it on speaker.

“Hey, Rain!” Sammi said cheerily.

“Hey, Sammi; Dante and Rain here.” Dante said to her.

“Oh, hey guys. What’s up?”

“Could you come over for a bit? With movies…and ice cream? I’ll repay you for the ice cream.” Dante asked her.

“Yeah, and no need. You sound…upset. Is everything okay? Is Rain okay?”

“Well…yes and no.”

“Yes and no?”

“I’m okay; Rain on the other hand…not so much.”

“I’m on my way over.” She said, and hung up.

“Thanks, Dante.” I leaned over and hugged him.

“No problem. So, I was thinking…we’re going to need a bigger place.”

I looked at him.

“You mean, like…a house?”

He smiled a little. “That’s exactly what I mean. Our income combined is an extreme sum of money; I think getting a house will be easy now. Besides…this apartment is getting cramped. The baby’s gonna need a room, and Raven is getting to the age where he’d probably like to have Asher over and not have to share a room with some creepy, socially awkward guy in a band.”

“Yeah, I think that’s a good idea. Can we start looking tomorrow?” I asked him.

“Whenever you want.”

“Thank you again, D. I don’t know what the fuck I’d do if I didn’t have at least you.”

“It’s cool. You know you won’t have to raise this kid alone. Even though you don’t want Andy knowing it’s his, the boys will help, I know Sammi will do what she can, Raven will be all over helping, and I will do everything that I can.”

“You don’t have to.” I told him. It wasn’t his responsibility.

“I want to.”

I nodded. “Okay.”

He smiled and pulled me over for another hug.

Soon enough, there was a small knock on the door, that sounded more like Sammi lightly kicking it.

Dante stood up and opened the door.

Sammi stumbled in with a bag and an armful of movies.

She smiled at me and I smiled back.

Bringing the bag and movies over, she sat down and pulled out a medium tub of strawberry ice cream for me, a tub of this weird, vegan style ice cream she’d been trying out lately, and double chocolate for Dante, who sat down on the other side of me as Sammi set the movies on the coffee table.

“Okay, so what’s been going on? Jinxx texted me while I was on my way over here, saying that Andy is getting smashed and is really upset, so I figure something happened between you two, because I don’t think he’s ever gotten as fucked up as this.” She said in one breath.

“I…we…broke up.” I told her.

“You broke up with him?”

I nodded and brought my hands up to my face.

“Why the fuck? I thought you two were happy.”

“Well, we are-were. But…he..and I’m…and he doesn’t want…it’ll ruin his life…” I mumbled through my hands.

“What was that?” She asked.

I felt Dante put his arm around my shoulders and I relaxed into him.

“She’s pregnant, Sammi. And Andy doesn’t want kids, not right now. He’s not really…he told her that it would be a hassle; a problem.”

Sammi’s eyes widened a little. “I didn’t expect that answer. What are you going to do?”

“Well, Rain and I are going to look for a house tomorrow, that way the kid and Raven can each have their own room, and we’ll go from there.” Dante answered.

“Wait, ‘we’?” She inquired.

“Yeah, I’m going to do what I can since Andy isn’t. Well…wouldn’t. Even if he knew she was, he’d probably just be pissed off or something…I mean, Andy’s a great guy, but fuck, Sammi. He wouldn’t want the kid.”

Dante’s words were true.

She agreed. “Yeah…he’s good with kids, but he’s not ready. God…I’ll help out though. And I swear not to tell him whose it is…Are you planning to keep in contact with him, or tell him eventually?” She asked me.

“I don’t know. I don’t think so.”

She put an arm around my shoulders and hugged me.

“I’m sorry…”

“It’s…” I couldn’t say it was okay, because it wasn’t. Things were not okay.

“Thank you,” I finally choked out, tears welling up in my eyes. “You guys are the best.”

“It’s nothing,” Sammi said with a slightly watery smile.

Dante just smiled and leaned on me a little.

We fell asleep on the couch, full of ice-cream, and The Labyrinth playing in the background.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only eight more chapters! Comment, vote, all that jazz. I love it when you do. =]