Mirrors

I walked silently closer to the front room of the bus where we kept a few guitars so that we could work on new songs whenever.

“No sound bending air,

I breathe alone now and

Wondering will it always be like this?”

That was a girl’s voice. I carefully looked around the corner of the door and saw Rain sitting there, strumming the guitar softly and sweetly, and singing along to her strumming. The only light in the room was that of the moon and stars outside, shining through the window, obviously oblivious to the fact that one of their own had fallen to Earth and was singing in this bus.

“There’s something in the air,

Now I think I’m scared…

Save me

From the monsters under bed,” I recognized it as a My Satellite song, which she had incorporated onto guitar.

“Save me from a dusty head.

 It seems I need someone here to mend and

Save me from a bitter end,

Want to taste the moon.

I lack transportation.

So is this how I will die?”

I shifted to the side of the wall by the doorway and slid down the wall, listening.

“A fading pulse at hand,

 No one by my side.

Without a shoulder to hold when I’m older.

No one to take my hand.

Am I less a man?

Ashes and pictures of dreamers and lovers.

Was it happiness?

Did I give up the key to all of this?”

God, her voice was so captivating.

“Reflect at last.

Regret I can’t get past.

Save me…”

I heard a sigh and a few more chords of guitar, and then footsteps, coming towards the doorway. I held completely still.

She just walked by and out the door of the bus.

I let out the breath I had held and sat there for what I thought was just a few minutes, but when I stood up and opened the door to walk out of the bus, I saw the sun was rising.

“Shit! I gotta get back up to my room!” I ran into the hotel and up the elevator to my room. I slipped off my shoes and climbed into bed.

Closing my eyes, I was embraced by warm images of Rain singing and smiling, and for the first time, I didn’t try to stop them from flowing in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review, all, please...I'd really like to know what you all think and whatnot, so please review. And thanks to xXRebelSaviourXx for reviewing and becoming a fan. (: