This Is Life

Andy’s POV

We drove back to the apartment, where Raven and Dante immediately went to hang out in the living room.

Rain went to follow, but I gently grabbed her wrist.

I hadn’t forgotten.

I didn’t think I ever would.

“Rain, I have to ask you something.” I told her.

She stopped in her tracks and turned around.

“Yeah, babe?” She asked warily.

“I was thinking…you know, about everything; the tour I met you on…the events of said tour…and then when we found Raven. Rain I want to know the exact story. I mean, you told me some of it on the tour, but I think you formatted it so you could skirt around Raven. The story that we established when Raven came here was a little different; not by much, but still. I mean…I think I could piece the two together so I get the whole truth…but I wish you’d told me in the first place.”

I saw the reluctance and pain in her eyes.

Automatically, I knew I shouldn’t have asked.

“Piece it together then.” She whispered coldly and turned on her heel, walking into her room and slamming the door shut behind her.

I saw Dante and Raven jump lightly and snap out of their conversation to look at me.

“Damn, Andy, what’d you do?” It was meant to come out as a joke, I could tell, but Dante’s face was dead serious.

Raven looked tired and confused.

“Nothing, guys. I think I should head out though; the boys and I have to meet up for a little while to start on the new album.”

They nodded and I walked through the hallway into Rain’s room, shutting the door behind me quietly.

She didn’t look up from her laptop.

“Go away Andy.”

“I have to go soon, anyway, but I wanted to say goodbye first.” I told her, ignoring the sting of her words.

“Okay. ‘Bye.” She said, still looking at the computer screen.

I sat down next to her and pushed the laptop away from her body, and hugged her, kissing the top of her head.

“I love you,” I said.

She seemed to be debating on whether or not to reply. “I love you too.” She said finally.

I smiled into her hair. That was exactly what I needed to hear.

“I’ll call you when the boys and I are done, okay?”

“Alright. I’ll probably be in the studio with Death to You. We’re working on recording some stuff, and meeting up with a couple of the producers to talk about releasing an EP or an album.”

I nodded lightly. “Alright,” I said, standing up. “I’ll miss you, and I’ll see you later?”

“Hopefully, yeah.” She agreed.

It was hard to believe that just a few months ago, I was sitting in that room with her, as friends who wanted to be so much more than that, looking through Walmart’s online store.

My mind flicked back to the day I knocked on the door of somebody I didn’t know’s house, really needing to use the bathroom…

And I realized: That was where everything in my life started to go right.

Rain’s POV

I watched him leave and turned back to my laptop, sighing out of slight frustration and tiredness.

Zac and I were talking on my new Facebook account.

‘Meet you and DTY in 20?’ I asked.

‘Yeah. I told G we want to finish the song today. He’s cool with it.’

I grinned. I was still trying to get a grip on the fact that I was working on a song with Gerard Way.

‘Cool. Can Raven come along?’

‘Dude you don’t even have to ask. He’s like the little brother of the band..’

‘He IS the little brother of the band :D’

‘J G said he’s bringin’ F.’

‘Kk. See you soon.’

We logged off and I went out into the living room.

“Hey, D?” I asked.

“Yeah?”

“I need to get to the DTY meeting; do you think I could get a ride?”

“No problem. Grab my keys and I’ll get my jacket.”

“Thanks,” I smiled at him. “Raven, do you want to chill with us?”

“Yeah,” He grinned. “Always.”

Dante got his jacket and I handed him his keys, then we headed out to the studio.

We got there just on time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey :) So within the next couple of chapters, there will be a three year time lapse, but there will be a short "what happened during said three years" summary. Then after a few chapters of that, maybe another time lapse, a little shorter, and then the story ends. And possibly a sequel begins.