When She Cries

Rain's POV

I made it back to the hotel, took a shower, and then fell asleep. It had been a very long Christmas. Pretty good, until that ending…

Dante and I had so much in common; it was like...instant best friends.

Time passed boring and slow. I continued to look for a job and a roommate, booked the hotel room for another couple weeks, and Dante and Sammi and I hung out all the time. Andy tried to text me, but I always found a reason not to be able to answer.

On my birthday, February 14, Sammi Doll, Jinxx, and Dante threw me a party at their house.

Ashley came and picked me up. “Hey, babe,” He said.

“Hey, Ash. Happy Valentine’s,” I smiled at him.

“Happy birthday,” He laughed. “How do you like being seventeen?”

“I don’t know. We’ll find out, though,” I said, looking forward to getting to Jinxx and Sammi’s.

I felt bad that they weren’t spending Valentine’s with just themselves, but they wouldn’t let me talk them out of the party.

I walked into their apartment with Ash and saw Andy sitting there on the couch.

Dante ran up and hugged me. “Happy birthday!”

“Thanks, Dante.” I laughed.

“Happy birthday, Rain,” Sammi smiled at me. She was like an older sister to me now.

Andy didn’t say much to anybody; he just kind of sat there on the couch. Everything started to get hectic and loud around midnight, and there was a lot of people in their apartment by then, celebrating Valentine’s Day and my birthday. I felt someone’s hand fall into mine and lead me out of the apartment.

He stopped walking once we reached the steps.

“Andy, what’s up?”

“Why can’t we be together?”

“Because. I feel like I’m the reason you and Juliet ended…”

“Give me a good reason, Rain. That one is a terrible reason because it’s not true.”

“You’re 21, and I’m seventeen. A relationship like that wouldn’t be legal.”

“Do you really think I give a fuck about how old we are?”

“Andy, we just can’t. You just got out of a relationship; I don’t know if I’m ready for one.”

“Do you know that it hurts like hell every time you reject me?”

“It’s not a rejection, Andy. You have no idea…”

“I don’t? Rain, I wake up from dreams of you, just to go and write a song about you, and I text you, but you never answer. Before I fall asleep, the last thing playing in my mind is your beautiful voice when you sing, and the last thought that crosses it is that I wish you were there with me. But you never are.”

“We just…can’t, Andy.”

“You’re 17! You live in a hotel room on your own. You can do what ever the fuck you want!”

“No, I can’t. If I could do whatever I wanted, so many things would be different!”

“Such as?”

I hesitated. “Nothing. I’m too young for you, and there are way too many complications. End of conversation, Andy. I’m not going to fight about this.”

I left him standing there, and walked back into the party.

I felt terrible.

The first thing I did when I got back to the hotel was cry. I hate crying, but I cried until I felt like I couldn't anymore, and sleep took over.

Andy was the only one who knew what was happening, 95% of it anyway, and he offered to be there for me when I needed him; and now, when he was offering to take a massive chunk of the pain away and replace it with love and happiness, I was pushing him away.

I didn’t hear from him for about a week.

It was raining and the LA skies were dark and gloomy. My favorite type of day…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aw, damn...things'll get better for Rain and Andy. Eventually. Anyways...Review...let me know what you think. :)