Reassurance

Andy was careful waking me up in the morning.

“Wake up, Rain…you should wake up, I want to see your beautiful eyes…come on, wake up, babe…” He whispered.

Waking up to his voice was so amazing…it put me in a good mood.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Nine…you have to get ready so that we can be there by noon, like they said.”

“Alright, do you know what I did with the Hot Topic bags?”

“Uh…yeah, I think you put them in your closet.”

I sat up and stretched.

I stood up and Andy said he was going to make breakfast.

“I didn’t know you knew how to cook.” I said.

“Well…this is just going to be an experiment…I don’t know if I can either, so, we’ll see, I guess.”

I thought about it for a moment after he left the room. “Have Dante help you!”

Dante knew how to cook, so he’d make sure Andy succeeded.

I hoped.

Walking over to my closet, I looked inside it and pulled out the Hot Topic bags, bringing out the clothes I bought.

I got new Jack Skellington socks, red skinny jeans, a My Chemical Romance tee, leather gloves with ‘Fuck’ written on them that glowed in the dark, and some new chains for the jeans I’d bought. I had also bought a new pair of all black converse.

I put everything on and walked to the bathroom to do my makeup, taking a Hot Topic bag of makeup with me.

I put on a thick layer of black eyeliner, and then applied some red underneath. My eyeshadow was dark colored, as usual, and my lipstick was non-existent. I made my face a bit paler and applied some light blush.

Once I had deemed I looked good, I walked into the kitchen, and Andy paused for a moment, looking at me, then set the plates on the table. We sat down and Andy started the conversation.

“By the way, babe, you look amazing.”

I really did blush, and looked at the food he’d made. “Did you have Dante help you?”

Dante came out and sat down as well. “You look nice, Rain. And yes, I had to help poor, unable to cook Andy. Like, seriously, his cooking skills don’t exist.”

“I’m sitting right here!” Andy said indignantly.

“So?” Dante smirked. “Doesn’t change the fact that you can’t cook.”

Andy pouted.

“Aw, it’s okay. Dante can give you cooking lessons.”

Andy couldn’t help but smile.

We joked around like that until 11, when we decided it was time to head out.

“Are Sammi, Jinxx, and the others meeting us there, or..?” I asked.

“Jinxx said that they’d meet us there.” Andy said.

The people who were running the contest had a band set up for everyone there, who would know the song the vocalists were doing. Everyone was hoping to get a record deal.

There were guitarists who had signed up, bassists, drummers, the works.

All of the contestants were matched up with other people to form a temporary band. The vocalists were to choose the song they would do. I just hoped my ‘band’ learned the song well enough.

I hadn’t had contact with any of them. I’d been assured that it went the same for every temporary band, and that I shouldn’t worry, because the people I’d been paired with were very talented.

Andy squeezed my hand lightly, as a reminder that I shouldn’t worry.

I squeezed back and tried to relax.

Dante pulled into the parking lot of the place. I looked out of the car window.

I could see the stage.

It was huge, and the place where the crowd was already gathering had no seats; it was like one huge concert. Huge.

There were already so many people there. And then I looked at Andy, and it was like instant reassurance.

I was meant to do this. The stage is where I belonged; performing is what I was born to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love how Andy gives her hope.... :3 Anyways...review and tell me your thoughts. :)