The Warrior

Navina, was said to be the spitting image of her Mother, though she didn't remember the female, and her Grandmother who raised her. Long, thick, black hair that she kept tied back from her face, standing a good, five foot nothing, and weighing about as much as a drowned rat; but it was those jade green eyes that popped behind the long, charcoal colored strands that fell about her face.
    It was no secret that she had turned many an eye, in fact, it had been said to be the cause of her 'wandering' at times. It had 'ruined her...'and '... a Traveler has responsibilities, Navina, you can't just run off as you wish....'
    Such harsh words for one so young to hear, and yet, words she had needed to hear, none the less. They were Travelers, if that was even a real name, and their stories were said to hold keys to the past,the keys that would harness what was to become of the future. It was said they had seen it all, that every event, no matter the importance, was witnessed and recorded; from the very beginning of all that was, the females in her family had been charged with this sacred task.
     Too bad, Navina had yearned for something more.Sure they had traveled, sure, she had seen some pretty amazing things, but times were changing; people, were changing all around them. With each new town, each new moment her Grandmother had dragged her too, Navina's curiosity had grown; not for the moment itself, but what led up to it and what would come after.  The people and places,the relationships they held, the rise and fall of great families amidst wars that were said to span decades; and among it all was one rule, do not interfere.
     As sure as the Gods would strike you down, one did not interfere with the natural progression of, life. It was meant to be born through labor and pain, said to prosper with love and guidance, and parish with hope to be reborn anew. People would come, and they would go. There would be joy and happiness for some, and pain and sorrow for another; horrifying tragedies and grief were said to be lessons...
     No, she was nothing like her Grandmother had been, save for her love of the stories; and it was those stories that Navina tried so desperately to remember as she lay in her bed, tossing and turning against the silence that kept her awake. She had been trying to sleep ever since she'd left Kember and Lync at the bar.
     Lync. Now that was just what she needed... and there they were! Right on schedule!
Navina lay back and looked up at the ceiling, her mind swarming with thoughts of the male. Six foot two and two hundred and eighty pounds, topped off with blonde hair and gorgeous green eyes that almost matched her own.But it was his voice that got in deep beneath her skin, causing her body to go all sorts of haywire. He was smart, funny, no, scratch that, he was down right hysterical, always pulling pranks and dropping sarcasm all over the place; and yet there was a deep seated sense of nobility that ran through his veins. He was loyal to the core; loyal, to her.
     Crap!
    He'd be here any minute too, and she was supposed to be resting; not to mention he'd be bringing Kember with him. But then, Kember was a witch, and she could help;right?
     She had to have some magic potions, or something like that, which would knock her out cold. It had been a week already and all Navina had managed to catch, was a nasty head cold. She needed to sleep, but that was when the dreams started.
     'Write it all down in a book.' Lync had told her once, always trying to help her understand her curse, but not even he could imagine the terror that lurked in the shadows that lingered when she closed her eyes.
     So much had come and gone,and Navina had done her best to avoid interfering, but there were times when she couldn't help but get involved; even if it was 'just a story' and it couldn't be real. She had been tossed out of the Order,the females in her lineage, no longer speaking her name; and for what? Because she saved somebody's life?
     Fine, she didn't want them around anyhow. She had Lync, and Kember...

    Time,all but stood still before you.
   Seasons flashing before your eyes as the wind whipped past, then replaced by a small, subtle breeze. This was how time was to pass for all of those who lingered in life as she had, time meant nothing but a trip backwards to glimpse a future past, or forward to a future rippled with choices,all of them tangled like a spiders web, and all of them leading to the inevitable.
    To reach out one's fingers and grasp at the strings, was to peer in to a life as such; so many people, so many faces, thoughts and emotions that without a tether, one would surely get lost.  These were the rising hopes and the shattered dreams, that spread throughout the universe. A dark and devious adventure unfolding right before your eyes, or the sinful and seductive couple of two, not yet promised souls. One could see everything, and nothing, all at once; and never ever could they interfere.