Matters Of The Pack

"Navina?"
"Huh?" She managed to let out, her eyes feeling as if they'd been glued shut.
"How do you feel?" The voice came again.
Soft, and yet commanding.
"I, uh..." She croaked, her throat too dry to utter anything more.
"It's alright!" The female chuckled, "Try not to over do it, we've had some issues with your stitches."
"Oh! Wait, stitches?"Okay, now she had to open her eyes. Had that female said, stitches?
Navina had never needed stitches before, what the hell had happened? Where was Lync? Who was the female behind the voice?
Dammit! Open your eyes!
"You've been out cold for awhile now, do you remember who I am?"
What was she, a mind reader?
"Uh, no!" Navina let out with a sigh.
She'd give anything to know what the hell was going on! Where was she? What was wrong with her? Stitches? Really?
"My name, is Dr. Terran!" She told her, and Navina felt her arm being touched, as if the female were checking her pulse. "I specialize in treating certain anomalies found in our blood."
"Anomalies?" Navina inquired, finally able to peel her eye lids apart.
It was so bright, and yet, so calming. Like she was in some sort of...
"When your mate brought you in, there was significant bleeding to the lower half of your left leg and abdomen, Navina, and they couldn't identify your blood type to perform a transfusion."
Huh, so she was a doctor. A Blood Doctor. She'd heard of a Blood Witch, but this female didn't look like she was harvesting any organs for a sacrifice. Wait,did she say, Mate?
"Lync?" Navina called out, her eyes now wide open and her heart racing as she remembered being helpless in his arms.
"He will return soon enough!" The female laughed,and it was then Navina got a good look at her.
She was about the same height as she was, though the Doc must have worked out or something, because Navina could see the definition beneath her hospital coat. Her hair was a wild combination of light and dark, but it was her eyes that she kept hidden beneath her bangs. Were those,contacts? They were a darkened shade of violet!
"How are you feeling now?" The female asked again, checking the papers in her clip board, "Any pain in your legs at all?"
"I feel like I have died and been brought back to life all wrong. My head hurts,my chest hurts, my hips, my thighs..."
"I see!" She laughed in reply as she set the clipboard down and withdrew a syringe from her pocket. "Well, this should help you sleep so your wounds can heal!"
"What is it?" Navina inquired, watching the needle puncture the i.v they had inserted into her hand, and the red liquid inside was pumped in.
"You have a unique blood type, Navina! In fact, I don't think I've seen one quite like it! So this here, is what I like to call a Wonder Drug, as in it does wondrous things, but no one knows why!"
She wasn't lying either!
A few seconds after the Doc had pulled the syringe away and stood back, but Navina felt the surge run through her like never before. Sure, she had smoked a little something here and there,but this...
"What, did you give me Doc?" She managed to get out again, before her muscles turned to jelly and she sank into the pillow.
"Just relax, Navina! Let the medicine do it's job,and before you know it, you'll be up and running around with your mate!" Dr. Terran smiled at her, and those purple eyes shone brighter than before.
She was really pretty, for a Doctor; but then, she supposed Doctor's had lives too. Wow, these meds were wicked. She couldn't feel any pain now.
"That's good!" The Doc smiled again, and continued writing away on the clip board.
But, Navina hadn't said anything...
"Now then, shall I have security go down to the cafeteria and fetch your mate for you?" The female inquired as she clicked the top of her pen and slid it and the clipboard into the holder at the foot of Navina's bed.
"Please!" She replied. "And can I have some water?"
"I'll have the nurse bring some in! You just relax and get some rest, you'll be good to go in no time at all!"
"Thanks Dr. Terran!"
"Not a problem! I'll come back and check on you tomorrow, if you're still here!" She smiled as she opened the door, "Now rest!" She ordered, and then was gone.
Good timing too, because Navina needed to use the bathroom. But, no sooner had she thought about it, she felt the sudden release, and waited for the warmth to run down her leg; and yet, it never did.
What the hell? Oh Gods, no...
Had they...? The questions just started,filling up her mind and confusing her.
She was, in a hospital,she knew that much. And she had been injured, she hadn't been able to feel her legs, and Lync...
He must have brought her here, it was the only logical reasoning...
But the catheter?????
Oh, hell no! She wanted to pee of her own accord, not feel like she'd lost control in a panic.
It had to come out.