Shattered Visions

She was faced with a long journey before her, one that would take her far from the place she had called home. She had been stripped of her memories, though she did not know it, her mind filled with 'other thoughts' as she made her way across the vast frozen wasteland. She was alone now, her Mother, and Grandmother, taken from her, forbidden to see or speak with her, ever again.
She had sinned. She had broken the rules, she had interfered.
But in what? What had she done that was so wrong? She had saved a life, how wrong could that be?
She pushed on, past crumbling walls and worn down streets. Past shadowed caves and deep waters, and along what she had named, the Forgotten Road. She had forgotten, she was, forgotten, and she was now trapped here; wherever here was.
Weeks passed by,months even, and she had just barely survived, but the morning she woke, to find a ship close by...

It wasn't her fault that she had scared the first soldier she had found.His hand on his fire arm, cocked and ready to fire. It had hit her shoulder, the bullet had, and then lodged in a tree nearby, and for the first time ever, she experienced pain. It shot through her body,dredging her mind and causing a thousand and one images to rush past her eyes.
When she had woken, the glare of the light over head, and the smile that looked down upon her...
'Rest now! You'll be okay!' The voice said to her, and the long dark hair and honey colored eyes gave comfort.
'Who, are you? Where am I?' She managed to let out, her voice groggy, and her mind still spinning.
'This world is called Vash, and you, are going to be just fine!'
'I don't remember....'
'I know! But it will return, in time! It always does!' The female smiled again. 'Our kind never forgets for too long! Now eat, rest! The worlds await you, Navina, and you do not want to miss a thing!'

"Lync?" She called out as her eyes opened. "Lync?"
A groan came from across the room, and when she managed to look up, she saw her male, flat on his back and tied down, and there was some sort of bubble....
"What the hell?" She gasped, wrenching herself from her own med lab gurney, and tried, so very hard, to reach him.
"I wouldn't do that!" The voice warned her, and a moment later, the Warrior appeared before her. "Unless you think you can handle him!"
"Lync is my mate, of course I can handle him!" Navina snapped at her, trying to push the female out of the way. "He will not harm me!"
"It's not you, I'm worried about!" The Warrior laughed, "But everyone else on this ship!"
"He'll be fine! Just let him out of that hideous bubble!"
"That, bubble, is what's keeping us from getting our asses beaten! Do you not remember what he did to Nyx and Markus?"
"Do you remember what I did to Kion?" Navina argued back, "And I'm still out and about!"
"So, not the same! Your male, took out two of our best fighters, and claims he doesn't know how!"
"If he claims it, it's true! Lync doesn't lie! Unlike some people I've met!" Navina glared at the Warrior, and pushed one last time, to get past her.
"Markus thinks he's a Vampire! A very old, very lost Vampire!"
"So what if he is?" Navina shook her head, looking down upon her male, looking so lifeless, so...
"No one knows how the Vampires came to be, they have their stories, but I don't think the Vampires even know for sure!"
"And?"
"And he may be able to give us some answers!"
"You think Lync, my Lync, knows this, whatever? You're delusional, Mal! He can't even remember what his Mother looked like! Let alone how a species of blood hungry savages were created!"
"One of those blood hungry savages,has saved your life, twice!" The Warrior snarled at her, the wings she hid amid a mist, fluttering in frustration.
"More than that!" Euphamia sailed into the room, and one look at Navina, she put the charts down, and came to stand beside the Warrior. "What is she doing, Malice?"
"Malice? Your name, is Malice?"
"And what's wrong with Malice?" The Warrior let out.
"Other than being sort of morbid, nothing, I guess!" Navina sighed, and turned back to Lync. "Let him out of here, I want to speak to him!"
"When did she start giving orders around here?" Came another voice, deeper, darker, grumpier; and the Demon appeared in the door way.
"You need me!" Navina replied. "That's why you're here, isn't it?"
"Like I need a hole in my head! Which I feel like there is, because of that Mother Fucker!" He growled and nodded towards the male within the bubble."What the fuck, is he?"
"I don't know!"
"You have visions! You're supposed to be able to see past, present and future.... and you're telling me, that you have no idea what he is?And you want to release him?" The Demon growled again, his markings beginning to glow.
He was right! She was supposed to know! But she didn't!
"The Order? They're the ones stopping you, right?" Malice inquired.
"How do you know about them?"Navina replied with a question of her own.
"Um, did you hit your head when you seized up on us? Cause you were spouting some pretty crazy demands! Well, they were, or whoever was pretending to be them... Shit, this gets confusing." The Warrior sighed, rubbing at her temples. "I encased you in a shell, you went nuts and got yourself possessed by what claimed to be the Order, and I had to kill you..."
"Ouch!" Nyx laughed, "No love right there! You're a wicked female, Malice!"
"Why, that is the nicest thing you've ever said to me, Nyx! Mia, I think he and I may actually be friends one day!" Malice grinned wildly as she leaned against the wall.
"What do you mean, you killed me?"
"Someone had to vanquish the host, so the entity would leave!" Nyx cut in,"Just wish it had been me, but then, your male would have gone ape shit then, and we'd have probably lost hold of the Eno'tai who controlled your mind..."
"Nyx!" Mia slapped his shoulder. "Holy shit, my love, shut the fuck up!"
"What? You can't lie to her anymore!"
"I wasn't lying! I was withholding useless information!" Mia snapped back at him. "But you're head is so wound up in wings and titties..." She stopped short, "Malice, would you please just acknowledge his obsession for you? Maybe give him a kiss, and a shot to the face?"
"Mia? My love, you are so wretched and divine!"
"Ha, I'm wicked,and you're wretched and divine! " Malice cut in, "Do you really think it's wise to toy with us?" She glared at Nyx, whose face lit up like a child's in a toy store. "If, you behave, I may let you rub my feet!"
"Thank you!" Euphamia sighed, "Now, can we figure this shit out?" She added, looking at her mate.
"What is there to figure out? Let Lync out of there, or you can find another lab rat!" Navina replied, her eyes never leaving those soft lips that slumbered before her.
"We can't! Not until we can be sure he won't go psycho on us again!"
It was Markus, and he was far from pleased. In fact, it looked as if the Vampire had not slept in weeks. So strong and powerful, and now...
"Why did he flip out this time?" Navina asked him, "What did you do to him?"
"Not him! You!" Nyx replied, "He fed you, and even though that male was bound, he broke through the bindings and it took all I had to get his ass into the hall..." The Demon went on,running his hands through his long, dark hair. "When Markus was done, we had a little chat with your mate, and when I woke up..."
"I was there! Sort of!" She replied, the image of the Demon and Vampire laying there, unconscious, and Lync was nowhere to be seen.
"Well, just as you hit the mats, you're homeboy appeared out of nowhere..."
"Which is a Vampire trait, I might add!" Malice cut in, looking at Markus. "On top of the insane strength and speed, and the fact that Markus here, is literally, a Vampire King, if there were Kings and Queens in their culture anymore..."
"And he just got his ass handed to him..." Nyx blurted out, and the look he got from Markus...
"Thanks, asshole! I'll remember that the next time I catch you cheatin at the cards!"
"I fucking knew it!" Malice exploded towards Nyx, "You owe me twelve large, my brother!" She sneered at him. "And paydays coming, Mother Fucker!" She added, clenching the family jewels between his legs. "Payday is coming!"
"I warned you!" Mia laughed, as she watched her mate try and balance against one of the consoles.
 "Female's got skills!" He let out, shaking his head.
"Wait... What are you...?" Mia added, breaking through the laughter and glaring at Navina, whose hands were, at this moment in time, inside the bubble.
"What the shit, Mal?" Nyx grumbled, best he could, and pointed towards Navina.
"What the...?" She too added, turning to glimpse as Navina walked right through the bloody shield and not stood over her mate. "How did she? She couldn't just... What the fuck?"