Escapes

The walls were dark and dingy, the smell so rancid, she felt as if she were going to vomit and tried to cover her nose. It would not help, not in this place, not now. The stench of death was thick upon the winds, the entire planet, wiped out by plague. These walls, the chains that hung from the walls, and a few broken windows were all that remained of the vast cities that were, the demise of an entire race, at the hands of such a small parasite.
It was a shame really, so close to perfecting a cure, but then, a cure would not turn a profit; and profit, was what had mattered most on Loralis.Giant sky scrapers filled with businesses, shuttles that flew through the air, all of them toiling over profit margins and stocks in the local markets. It was hard to believe that only a year ago, this planet was about to celebrate its one hundredth year of business excellence, and yet now it was just, gone.
Or was it?
It seemed as if something moved in the shadows below, and peering out a nearby window, she caught sight of, not one, but two, figures dressed in black as they made their way hastily down a back alley. No one was supposed to be here. This planet was considered a dead zone;quarantined.
In the blink of an eye, she was on the roof of a nearby building, watching as the two ducked into the shadows of a stair well and disappeared behind a door...

"Welcome back to the real world!" He snickered at her, and shealmost wished she could go right back to sleep.

Not exactly what you wanted to wake up to!
"How long?" She mumbled, trying to sit up.
"What was that? I don't speak gibberish!"
"Dammit, Nyx! How long was I out for?" She shot back at him, in no mood to play games.
"A few hours!" He sighed, "You're no fun, you know that? At least Malice plays along."
"Where's Lync?" Her heart began to race, but it was as if the Demon had sensed her worry, for he was smiling as he brought her a tablet.
"We've landed, something about a loose line outside..." He told her, allowing her to view the screen. "Said he could help, so he went out with Mia!"
Navina watched as the two of them worked away near one of the landing arms, tools flying, words whistling into the wind. "How long have they been out there?" She asked, pulling herself from the bed.
"A good half hour! I would have gone, but someone had to babysit you, and I lost the coin toss!"
"To who?"
"Markus! Which was a good thing, seeing as how Lync and he don't really..." He stopped short, must have been the look on her face. "What's up?"
"I've seen this place!" She replied.
"I hear, you see lots of places!" Nyx laughed, and appeared at her side, glancing over her shoulder at the tablet; but she was too drawn in to the vast wasteland of crumbling buildings.
"No, you don't understand, I, just, saw this place, a few minutes ago..."
"You were dreaming it?" The Demon inquired.
"I was watching through a window, two figures dressed in black were making their way through the city streets. I tried to follow them, but they were shut behind a door, and that's when I woke up!"
"And it was this planet?"
"Loralis! It's a dead zone, a plague wiped out all the inhabitants about a year ago!" She told him, "The stench of death is still in the air..."It was her turn to stop short, as she looked upon his face and that twisted scowl. "What?"
"Mia came back in for masks, said it smelled nasty out there..." He replied with a cocked brown. "Like death itself had swallowed the planet whole."
"And the planet is called?"
"Don't know, but Kion would!" He grinned as she shook her head. "The male was under orders."
"I don't want to discuss it right now, so you can go and get the name, I'll suit up in the cargo bay."
"And where do you think, you're going?" He growled at her. "Mia and Lync can handle things!"
"I've got to check something out." She smiled back, but he wasn't buying it.
"You're staying put!" He told her, all big and tough like, and then ran his hand threw his hair. "They'll be back in soon and we can start our search for Madrina and Kember!"
"We wouldn't have to search for them if you'd have just left it alone! But no, you had to come in and stir up those insane thoughts of hers! She's not invincible you know?"
"And neither are you!" He reminded her, "And I'm not too sure I want your male coming at me cause I let you out there."
Yup, Lync would be pissed right off, but she had to take a look around, she had to be sure.
"Fine!" She sighed, and sunk down into one of the giant bean bag looking chairs beside her. "Go find out what it's called, I'll wait here for them!"
He looked at her, giving her the once over, and then shook his head. "Fucking females!" He muttered, and stormed out of the room.