Space

The moment she opened her eyes and the bright lights invaded, the silence all around her, nothing but the hum of the engines...
From sound asleep, to alert and wide awake in a matter of seconds, with thoughts racing about in her mind. What had happened? Where was she? Engines, they were on a ship? And that voice, those eyes...
Shielding her eyes, she peered around the room she was in, taking in the dark walls covered in tiny buttons and flashy lights, and the low hung ceilings. What she didn't expect to find, was the giant bay window, and the view from outside. Talk about breath taking!
Dark purples and bright blues swirled about to the far left, and the reddish thing that seemed to spiral off into a landscape dotted in stars... She was aboard a ship alright, but where they were headed,she had no clue; other than it was going to be a beautiful trip. She was alone in the room, which was odd, considering Lync rarely ever left her side, but there were no cords, no tubes, she hadn't been hooked up to any machines; she wasn't, dying. In fact, she felt better than ever before, despite the mass confusion she had going on in her head.
As she watched a spike of blue wash in to purple,watched the stars fly past as the ship sailed on by, her mind was trying to sort it all out. Flashes of the vast, sand covered planet crept past her eyes, images of those little Shoohk beasts, both in the tunnel and in a forest somewhere, and those creatures that could take the form of another; and that was just a glimpse into the chaos that plagued her. One moment a male, the next, a beast. Beings that could walk on water, or better yet, even live beneath its surface.Far off lands and distant tribes, wars and celebrations, the rebirth of life, and the loss of a loved one, all of it circling around inher mind as those little blips of light kept her grounded.
So grounded, that she did not hear the door opening, or the footsteps that followed.
"I see you're awake!" The voice sounded, and Navina shot up in the bed.
If she hadn't been in shock before,she sure was now, and the new arrival seemed to have jolted her thoughts, for they had sorted themselves out.
"I thought you were..." She started to say, but the female laughed, just as she had before.
"I get that, a lot!" She smiled back, and those deep purple eyes were smiling too.
"But they said..."
"Because they didn't know! I get my orders from higher up, and unless you need to know..." The female shrugged her shoulders and laughed again.
"And I didn't need to know?" Navina cocked a brow at her.
"You didn't then, but you do now!"
So, she hadn't imagined Dr. Teran! She was real, as real as could be as she stood before Navina now. Unless of course, Navina was dead,but she felt perfectly fine.
"You're not dead!" The female chuckled, "Pretty close, but not quite!"
"Then what is it, that I need to know?"
"Not so much what you need to know, more like, what you need to remember!"
"If this little game is all bout confusing me, it's working!" Navina mumbled back.
" I don't play games, Navina! I'm here, because someone high up, says you're special. I may not know what's so special about you, other than the anomaly in your blood, but I follow orders!" She sighed, "Sometimes!" She added, though more under her breath than anything.
"Are you even a doctor?"
"Doctor, Physicist, Psychologist, Microbiology, Endocrinology,Botany..."
"Okay okay, I get it!" Navina called out,"Geez!"
"You asked!" The female laughed. "And those don't even come close to my real job!"
"Right! Well, then what do I have to remember?"
"I can't tell you!"
"Wait, what? You can't tell me? Or won't?" Navina glared at her, nudging her way towards the edge of what she thought would have been a hospital gurney.
Nope, wrong!
More like a double bed in the luxury suite, just now, getting a good view of her new room.
Those dark walls, were covered in wall paper. What sort of ship wallpapers it's inner walls?
The wall of blinking buttons? Turned out, that those were controls, for the fireplace across the room, and the sound system; don't forget the giant window, which had shown her the most beautiful view of the space they traveled threw, and yet if she was to understand correctly, they were now supposed to be under the water? A view screen? Really?
"Can't!" The female sighed, and shook her head, "I can't tell you, what I don't know! But Folix believes you can do remember, so, you have to do it!"
"I have to? Who the hell is this, Folix? And what do I have to do with his so called, plan?"
"You're you!" She grinned, and pulled out a little black box. "I'll leave these here with you,since you lost the last batch, and I'll let you get dressed. The others are waiting for you in the galley."
"Wait! What the fuck!"
"Oh my, she swears! Who fucking knew!" The female threw her hands in to the air and shook her head. "Look, sometimes,we have to do things for us, and then other times, we do it, because the universe will fall to shit if we don't."
"Well some people would be happy if they were just, asked, to do things, instead of being ordered around!" Navina rolled her eyes, and looked back at the view screen.
"I would have been happy with a bath tonight, instead, I got handed a you." Amethyst colored eyes glared back at her, sending shivers up and down her spine as she let her feet touch the cool...
No, it wasn't cool at all. In fat, there was carpet covering every inch of the floor. Really? Who's ship was this?
"You haven't figured it out yet?" The so called doctor grinned again. "Aren't you supposed to get visions?"
"Seriously? When do I get some answers?"
"When you remember them! Fuck, this is her job, why send me?" The female sighed again and shook her head and straightened the white lab coat that she wore.
A white lab coat, over top of a black tank top,black leggings, and a killer pair of boots. And she claims she's a doctor? Right!
"What was that?" Navina spoke up, only catching a few words.
"Shit! Never mind! It's not worth the breath to speak it again!" And she turned towards the door. "Your box is there, treat it with respect!"
"What's in it!"Navina inquired, as the female pulled the latch and opened the door."And where the hell are we going?"
"Life!" She smiled back and closed the door behind her.
What the hell was that supposed to mean?
Life? And Navina had pegged her Grandmother for the Queen of Cryptic Speech. Wrong answer, for she had just met her match.
She was alone now, in the rather large looking room. Carpeted floors, papered walls, lighting that one would find in an antique store, and that fireplace. It was way too classy looking,with its red brick and mortar appearance, and the little picture frames that littered the shelf above it. Navina took a closer look,she didn't recognize anyone in those pictures, not that she could really see them, with the lights so low.
A moment later, and the lights grew brighter, as if they themselves had read her mind.Creepy, but then, so cool. This was not your average cargo ship,which she and the others had been used to traveling in. Shit, the others! Where were they again? The galley?
With the lights illuminating everything around her, she found the small table with the fruit bowl, grabbed a purple looking ball thing from within, and made her way towards what she hoped, was the bathroom. She wore nothing more than a thin night gown, though who had gotten her into the getup, better have been Lync. Had to have been, the male would have lost his shit if it was anyone else.
Not your average day. Not your average ship, life, mission; where the hell were they going?