Beasts On The Horizon- Part Two

The tables in the main hall had been pushed off to one side to accommodate the hoards of food that had been splayed out in all sorts of whimsical, childish designs, and the people poured in from all four entry points. She was working security, despite the hotty-totty get up she had on, and she had to keep her eyes on the doors.
The green and purple went well with her long black hair, but the shades of blue that seemed to be patched throughout the whole ensemble; and the feathers... the head piece...
She felt like a walking, talking, avian inspired floral arrangement. It was hard enough walking in those stupid pumps, but the feathers on the headdress and the ones attached to the small of her back, made walking through doorways and around precious artworks, down right impossible.What the hell had she done to deserve this?
Oh, that's right!She'd tried to save someone from a horrible untimely death!
She just had to focus on the task at hand, the sooner this party was over, the sooner she could get back to her black leggings and leather jacket with the hood she could hide in. Skin tight and showing off almost everything, was not her style. Okay, maybe the skin tight part, but she liked to keep her ladies covered, and the hips left more to the imagination, when they were covered in more than flimsy pieces of silk and tied at the waist and ankles.
A walking,talking, brooding decoration!
Focus Dammit!
Princess Candy Pants had warned that her 'Ex' who would not be named apparently, could walk through the door at any moment, or worse, try to sabotage the party by hiring others to do his dirty work for him;and it was Navina's job to make sure that didn't happen. And so far,things were looking good There was no sign of the off blue, seven foot male with long green and white hair. Shades of purple and redyes, but no green skin to be seen; yet.
"Oh My Gods!" A shrill voice rang out over the crowd, and something that looked like a giant pillow dusted in glitter and rainbows ran towards the door."It's been forever, Darling! Come in, come in!"
"Ta'yara!It is so good to see you, and looking as thin as you do! You, must,tell me your secret!"
"You're too kind!" The Party Princess smiled at the new comer, and Navina wanted to gag as she looked the female over.
"Anyone else feel the room get ten times brighter?" Kember's voice came over the ear piece that had been hidden in her head band.
"Someone fell into a Glowbug pit!" His voice echoed in reply.
So the bastard was here,good, that just meant she could kick his sorry ass for dragging her into this mess; if she could find him. "Was that a whisper I heard?From a Ghost, maybe?"
"No Ghost, Darlin!" He laughed back as she searched the room for him.
Where the hell was he?
"Really? You sure? Cause I have vivid memories of strangling you stupid!" She grumbled. "Maybe, it was a glimpse into your future?"
There was no reply, not even from Kember, and with one last sweep of the dining hall, she made her way out the balcony doors and down towards one kick ass pool. Too bad she couldn't swim in the over sized monstrosity, but the one hundred or so guests, sure seemed to be having fun as they splashed about on floaties and spun each other about. Yes, so much fun, while she was stuck doing a perimeter check dressed as a life sized 'Peel and Pop'. Just try and peel those layers of silk away, and she'd be ready to pop you flat on your ass.
'You could be a dancer in that outfit.'  She could be a whore in this outfit, how about that?
Dammit!
"I'm making a round!" She called into the mic that was hidden in her sleeve.
Still, nothing.
Fine then, they could be assholes all they wanted, she had a job to do.
Down the patio steps and towards the fence that separated Party Central from the rest of the shared, private island. Guess Daddy wasn't rich enough for a whole island, he had to share it with two other families. Ha, and she had to share a room with an ass, who at this moment, was on her shit list. At least on an island, she wouldn't have to see him any time soon.
The beach was quiet, which was odd for the early evening, but then, with all the drunkards in the pool or stuffing their faces inside, Navina figured they were all too busy to find themselves lost in the sands.
Sands....
For a moment, she found herself looking out over that vast nothing of,sand. Her eyes gazing at the storms in the distance, waiting for what was to come next; and then, she was face to face with a rather large,rather brutish male.
"I asked if you were alright?" He glared at her with one brow cocked, "You're not gonna go all crazy on me are you?"
"Touch me, even once, and find out!" She glared back at him, standing her ground.
"Just thought you might be lost? Or that maybe, your male had run astray..." The male's glare turned to a grin and he took another swig of his drink.
"Neither!" Navina replied, and continued her rounds.
"You don't talk much!" The male let out, and started to follow behind her.
Was he serious? He was going to follow her? For what?
"You noticed!" She rolled her eyes, still walking the fence line away from the beach.
"I notice lots of things!" He laughed, "My name is Dry'al, by the way!"
"Charming!"
"Quite!" He laughed again.
Was this male for real? Could he not see that she was busy?
"So, who are you looking for?"
"Excuse you?" Navina let out,"What do you mean?"
"You seem to be looking for someone!" Dry'al sighed, and then took another drink, his words starting to slur.
Six feet at least, of male towered before her, swaying with each step as he came closer, "I thought maybe,you were searching for, I don't know... a good time!"
"Uh, no, I'm not!" She replied, and turned away from him, taking a few steps before his hand landed on her shoulder.
"You don't have to run from me, I don't bite!" Yup, he was drunk!
"Look, I don't want to sound like a total bitch, because I'm not...but if you don't back the fuck away from me..."
"You'll what?" He asked, still coming closer.
Dammit! Did it really have to come to this? Here?
"Well, you see, I have this greedy, maniacal sort of Mistress who calls me her own!" She started, looking as sincere as she could possibly get without cracking a smile. "She doesn't like it when I, play..." She hissed, letting him get even closer. "... with males!" Navina finished.
"What if we were to share you?"
"I don't think she shares well..." She replied, letting his hand run up her shoulder as her own reached down behind her back and into the giant tail of feathers. "... but we can ask her..." She added,bringing her hand up to rest beside his head, "Tell me, Lyla, how do you feel about sharing?"
"Are you fucking insane?"He shouted, feeling the cool butt of the twin barrels pressing against his forehead.
"She's a bitch of a Mistress, but she has never scorned me!" Navina smiled at the male, and allowed him to back away, slowly. "And we have a job to do, so you best be off to find your whores elsewhere, before she decides to add you to the list!"
Now if the male hadn't just gone and pissed his pants...
Why did they always have to come off as rough and tough? 'I'll protect you!'
Bullshit, they'll protect their chances of getting themselves some...
"Vina?" She heard her name over the com in her ear, but she didn't respond.
Oh look, another asshole who had pissed her off; and yet sadly, he had given Lyla a reason to hunt, so she wasn't as pissed as she should have been. Bloody guns, they had an attitude all on their own, and yes, Navina often spoke to hers,though the looks she received...
"Navina?"
What the hell did he want? She was busy, and dressed like a tart.
"Kember? Where is Vina?" She heard him say again, and the way her name rolled off his tongue...
But, no! This had been his idea, even though he had not picked the outfits, she was here,dressed up and getting hit on by total strangers, because of him; and he hadn't even come to see her yet.
Asshole.
"I haven't seen her since she called in about a perimeter check!" She heard Kember reply. "Try pinging her ear piece!"
Dammit!
Well, she could either listen in as her mate had a hissy fit, and then find her, or...
"She's..." Was the last thing she heard before the sound of footsteps had her bumping the ear piece out of her ear.
She'd wanted to silence the damn thing by turning it off; not by losing it a midst all the foliage that lined the grounds of the Party Manor. Lync was not going to find this funny at all; and what the hell had spooked her?
The footsteps seemed to have vanished, but that eerie feeling, as if someone were watching her...
"Vina?" She heard her name, so soft, so quiet.
Her ear piece had to be around here somewhere.
"Vina,dammit! Where the fuck are you?" She could hear Lync shouting for her, but she couldn't find the bloody device.
"I don't... she can... Pool house..." The communique was so garbled, that as Navina tried to search among the leaf and bushes, she didn't hear the footsteps resume.
From kicking things out of the way to find that little blue light that signaled her com, to feeling the foot against the back of her knee, and the bright flash that followed...