Chaos

Getting into the apartment had been easier than getting out, but now that she was on her way down the fire escape...
"Look in there! She has to be around here!" The gruff voice let out. "She'll come back for it..."
"I can't believe she led me on like that! I thought I had her!" Another voice rang out, one she knew all to well. "It must have been the spells, I fucked up!"
"We'll find her, and the book! The Masters will know of the temples whereabouts soon enough!" The gruff voice replied.
"She knows I'm not Madrina, and she drugged me..."
Kember listened on, now hiding in what used to be her neighbors apartment, as they continued to rummage about below, knocking over garbage cans and smashing windows to see inside the lower suites. Of course she had drugged her, the real Madrina would have cocked a brow and dump the tonic out after Kember had told her of the catalyst; but she hadn't, and she had paid but one price for her deception.
"Spread out! She's quick, but she has no way off this hunk of junk, I made sure of that! She's here somewhere!" The voice that had once sounded like Madrina, changed, taking on a more guttural tone.
Kember peered over the edge, hoping to see what the female had turned into, but the long green and gold dress, and red and white hair remained, only the voice had been altered.
"Commander?"Another of the warriors called out, and the female turned in his direction. "There are reports coming in from Loralis! Someone has attacked a whole squadron and the the lab has been compromised."
"Shit!" The female let out, "What about the subjects?"
"They were released not two weeks ago! They have been seeded on four out of seven worlds, with one transport lost!"
"Lost?"
"It never arrived on Vash, Commander! We have ships scouring the badlands, but the rebel Shoohk have it mined off..."
"There are others on Vash! They will find the ship!"
"And what of Loralis?" The Warrior inquired.
"Fuck! Leave a squad often behind. Have them search every room, in every building! I want her found!" The female let out a growl. "And I want her, alive!"

***

"Malice? I don't think it's over yet!" Navina called after her, but there was no stopping the Valkyrie, not after what she had witnessed.
And Nyx, Oh Gods! He had witnessed it all!
"Storm or no, I have to get out of here!" She hollered back as she took the stairs two at a time.
"Wait!" Navina tried again, and this time, Malice stopped in front of her. "I know what you saw down there,..."
"Yeah! A room full of chryo chambers, and in them, even more children they plan to experiment on!" She lashed back.
"Maybe Mia can send another ship?One that can carry the chambers off this world? Or at the very least, a team to wake them all up!" Navina offered, "There is no sense taking off and getting yourself killed! Wait until the storm passes, please?"
"Not happening!" Malice growled one last time, stepping over the Doctor, who's mangled body still lay lifeless at the top of the stairs.
"Shouldn't we at least move her?" Navina inquired.
"Her body, is just another layer to add to this mind fuck of a mess! I don't even peel onions, why the fuck should I peel away at their layers? When the bastards are probably on their way here, right now, and I shall meet them at the fucking door!" She shouted, and disappeared.
"I didn't know she could do that!" Nyx let out. "I mean, I can poof myself gone, and so can Mia and her sister, and Nissa and Markus, never thought I'd see her do it."
"I feel like I don't know anything anymore, just one, big old nightmare."
"Well, find something you do know, and let's get the fuck out of Dodge." He grumbled, his moment of joy, gone, as he shuddered when he closed his eyes.
"I'm sorry!" Navina let out, "It wasn't supposed to work like that!"
"What wasn't?" The Demon sighed, but he knew fine well.
 "I don't usually get to share my visions, with anyone..."
  "I'm used to the whole mind surfing deal, I just didn't think I'd find that, when I searched your mind!"
"I couldn't help it, they just started coming and I felt all shaky..." She started, "I couldn't control it! And then, you were there too, watching them..."
She watched as the Demon came closer, felt his arms go around her as she shook like a leaf in the wind... was he, hugging her?
"You didn't pass out..." He mumbled, shuddering again as his own mind flashed back to what he had witnessed.
Dozens of them, in the beds and on the floor, bent over and flipped upside down. It was a mad house. No, a whorehouse. Males and females of magnificent stature, dozens of species, all of them engaged in one sort of sexual act or another; and he was watching each and every thrust, taking in the scent of lust a it lingered in the air.
They were... breeding. Their hunger so fierce, that not one female went without a male, or two. Lips kissing, suckling, the hands caressing each curve, tracing every muscle...

"I'm sorry!" She let out again, and he'd bolted from her side.
"Fuck! I'm going to find Malice!" He growled, pushing himself towards the door.
Navina had shared that vision with him, not only feeling the sin in the vision, but also the lust that brewed within the Demon himself. He was aroused, she had felt the bulge against her hip as he embraced her, his own scent filled with that sexually charged aroma...
"Fuck!" She too let out, and looked down at the Doctor. "I'm sorry!" She sighed again, though this time there was no reply; but then, how could you get answers from the dead? Or at least, you weren't supposed to!
On the upside, just passing through the big gray doors, Navina caught sight of Malice and Nyx, conversing near the top of the rickety old stairwell. The storm had passed, though half the buildings were now hidden beneath mounds of sand and rock, and the way back to the ship looked more horrifying than it had before; add to that, the idea of a trap...
"It's not there!"
"What's not there?" Navina asked, coming up behind them.
"The ship!" Malice replied, "It's gone!"
"What do you mean it's gone?" Navina inquired with a raised brow.
"Exactly what I said! Something is there, or it isn't; and the ship is, NOT, there. So, anymore confusion?" She snapped at Navina, and turned away. "Oh, if the Gods would see fit to bless me with a massacre, I would be so ever grateful."
"How about we get off this rock before you go massacring anyone!" Nyx bellowed, as if telling the Warrior to shut it; but he was smarter than that, right? He wasn't going to piss off an already fuming Valkyrie, was he?
"Leave her be, Nyx!" She cut in.
"How about you both shut up, and listen..." She pointed out, but neither Navina or Nyx could hear anything... at first.
The hum grew into a loud throbbing in her mind, and the dust and ash began to kick up at their feet. Something was landing, though where, it was hard to tell, but no sooner had the dust cloud settled, Navina could make out a cool dozen, at least, armed with all sorts of weaponry, standing before them. Axes and clubs, swords and bows, and even a few 'new improvements', just like her own, Lyla. Such a beautiful piece of work, with a hand carved grip that Lync had made her...
Lync....
"My name is Anastasia Malice Dormand, High Priestess of Everything, you hold so dear! And before you bastards ask, No, you may not call me Mal, or Malice... You can call me your Royal Fucking Highness, as you bend your knee to me."
Okay, that was a mouthful, and totally not what Navina had expected to happen, but when the Warriors did nothing but stare back at her, Malice carried on.
"So, I will need three hundred and seventy five souls, to take to the sands before me! Any takers?"
Again, there was no reply, and the Valkyrie just shrugged her shoulders.
"Are you all deaf? Your Lady asks for you to bend the knee, and you will fucking bend them, all of you! Now!"
"Listen up, Mal..." The first Warrior let out, but that was all he managed to say, before his words turned to gargles and the blood ran down the front of his chest.
"Anyone else, want to call me names?" She glared at the eleven who still stood before her. "No, then perhaps the rest of you would like to follow orders, and bend your bloody knee?"
"We bow to no one!" Least of all, a female!" Another had grown balls and was speaking up.
"No one? Then it's a good thing, I'm not, a no one! And you lot, you are but an eighth of what I require in token of what you have done! Two of you, for every child that suffered within those walls..."
"Oh, they didn't suffer!" The second male, chuckled again, the last sound he would ever hear as his head left his shoulders and landed at the Valkyrie's feet, and her wings ruffled, just a little, as they settled in against her back once more.
That was the final straw, and the remaining ten, took up arms against her. Bad move!
Feathers flew and swords clashed, the bullets firing into the dust cloud that had formed around them, a cloud that sent those very same bullets, ricocheting into the walls.
"You call yourselves Warriors? Then stand up and fight..." She bellowed into the air, and the dust cloud rose even higher. "Stand before your Empress and show her what you've got!" She finished, as another barrage of arrows and bullets flew her way.
One by one the Inside dropped, and though more arrived, the storm kept swirling. Each pair that attacked, each moment filled with utter joy, the grin on her face as she embraced the blood filled savagery of it all...
"Wait!" A voice called out, one that ricocheted through Navina and dropped her to her knees like a ton of bricks. The vision forcing her to remain frozen to the spot, showing her such vile things, and among them, an image of a green dress, red and white hair, and eyes that were closed; as if in deep slumber...
"We wish to trade!" The voice called out again, and the vision kept playing out.
Bound and gagged, but then, up and about, talking with,helping, the Warriors. It was so confusing the way the two melded into one, like past and present, or perhaps future, Navina couldn't tell.
"We have one of yours..." The voice dragged out, as the grunts and whimpers of another came in to ear shot. "You can have her, if you surrender the female known as Navina!"
"In what world would that request ever fly?" Malice laughed, but the sight of the female, hands bound behind her back, that long green and gold dress, tattered and torn; her hair mangled and wind blown, it was Madrina. "I don' negotiate with assholes!"
"Your daughter of goodness, for the whelp, Navina!" He repeated.
"A whelp? No, no! An annoying little sac of confusion, yes, but a whelp? Ha, in your dreams!" Malice let out again. "She'd gut you, and serve your rancid entrails to your troops for lunch!" She added, and Navina's stomach turned at the thought.
"You will not have her?" He inquired. "She means, nothing, to you?"
"Not even, if you wrapped her in pretty paper and stuck a bow on her nose!" Malice's grin was so wide, Navina swore she saw fangs.
  Malice wasn't serious, was she? That was Madrina, and she and...
Oh Gods! Where was Kember? If Madrina was here...
"Then you forfeit her life!" The Warrior chuckled, sliding a dagger from his belt.
"Gladly!" The Valkyrie smiled, filing away at one of her claws, and then extending her arm so all could watch the tips shine.
"You would throw her life away so quickly? One of your own?" The male's voice echoed through the wind as it continued to whip around them, holding the blade to his captive's neck.
"You should do what you wish! Who am I to stop you?" Malice asked, "By all means, slit her throat!"
"She is one of Lord Eroch's, you wish to suffer his wrath? Are you mad?" He choked out, and then shook his head.
"Oh for fucks sake..." Malice let out and rolled her eyes, her fist clenching at her side.
 A moment later, the ball of light lit up the surrounding area, and the female the Warrior held captive, was vaporized on the spot.
Navina shouted out, unable to believe what she had just witnessed, but then another blinding show of light shot past her, and the Insidian Warrior and his troops, were nothing but dust, floating in the winds.
"You fucking..." He started, "You fucking killed her!" Nyx let out, almost falling to his knees. "Mali? What have you done? Oh, fuck, me!"
"Really, Nyx? At a time like this?" Malice glared at him, and then laughed. "I did, what needed to be done!" She added, as he flew at her neck, but she helf her hand out, giving the 'train meets brick wall' effect. "That, was not Madrina!" Her eyes narrowed into his. "Now, down boy!"
"How, did you know?" Navina finally let out, wtching as Nyx took a few steps back.
"Same way you did!" She smiled, "Why would they trade Madrina, for you?" The Valkyrie laughed, "No offense, but she is was more than you know, and you're... well, you!"
"Fuck, me! Remind me never to piss you off!" Nyx let out as he looked around at the charred remains, running his hands through his long black hair that fell almost to the red tips of his trench coat.
"But then, who would I argue with?" Malice chuckled, and blew him a kiss.
"But.. Shit! We should..." He stopped short, and looked over his shoulder. "Were you just gonna stand there and watch, my love?" He called out, and a moment later, Mia appeared from the shadows.
"Where have you been?" Malice shot out, "You said babysit, you didn't say anything about devoting days to his sorry ass!"
"Sorry, but there were a few hiccups along the way, not, that you needed, any help!" Mia laughed, as she approached them. "The others should be back soon, though I should warn you, there has been an incident aboard the ship."
"Madrina?" Navina let out.
"How do you know..." Mia glared at her with one brow cocked.
"I saw an image, or rather, two of them. One bound, like the..." She looked over to wear the female had stood.
"Shadow! That, was a Shadow!" Mia sighed and shook her head. "And the other?"
"She was, sleeping?" Navina announced.
"They found Madrina while Lync was searching the ship for you!" Mia chuckled, looking at Navina. "Nothing better than a male without his mate, to find what you didn't know you'd lost! She'd been drugged and stashed in a chryo tube on C deck!"
"So she was sleeping! Fuck, how many more, Navina?" He shook his head this time, "How many more of your visions are gonna come true?"
"I don't want any of them too!" She sighed. "But if Madrina is..."
"She was taken back to Sanctuary, just before the fleet arrived in orbit. Kion has positioned the ship behind one of Loralis' moons, and will come down for us at nightfall!" Mia explained, "I knew you'd all be in trouble, but holy shit, guys!"