Story Time

January 18, 3566

I was traveling through the wilds, listening to the wolves as they sang to their loved ones among the stars, it was beautiful, the wind whipping through my hair, exhilarating; and yet, no matter how hard I tried to keep up, the pack, was always so much faster. But it was in following the pack that day, that I had found them, giggling and laughing by a frozen creek, though all around them had sprung to life.
Four of them, gathered by the stone wall, playing, as if the cold surrounding them, bothered them, none. One dressed in a tunic and brown leggings, sitting beside another who looked as if she held a fire ball in her hand, her hair so red, and streaked with the very same flames that engulfed the edges of her dress.
Below her, sitting on a rock with her fingers dancing away, the stream of water skipping across the surface as she too laughed away. She wore a blue one piece, her hair held back, and the fourth looked as if she were made of the wind herself; the white gown barely visible to the naked eye...

"Elementals!" Kember smiled, thinking of Ari, the Elemental Queen of the Skyfolk, though not many people knew that last part.
Kember had been surprised to find a lot of races in side Navina's book. From Werewolves, Valkyries and Insid, to the Shoohk and Shadows, the sisters; and now, she could add Elementals to the list; and she had only skimmed the last few pages. What else could Navina have envisioned? Kember just had to know, as she lay in her little shelf, unable to sleep any longer; flipping back through the pages.

October 11, 3419

It started in the pouring rain, the people rushing about as the last of the quakes shook the ground. No one could have seen it coming, nor could they have imagined the cause, but they were fleeing their world none the less. It had been hard to say good bye for some of them, taking to the hills to hide away in the caves, taking with them the statues of the Gods they held so dear, hoping to preserve their people, and their culture, in the stone caverns, deep within the planet's core.
None would survive though, I know this now, as I watch them scurry about before me, gathering there things to take with them to the caves. They cannot see me, their minds too cluttered to focus on anything but their will to survive... A survival, they would never have.
In moments, the mountains will open up, and the ash will fill the air, blanketing the sky and killing the life that thrived in the sun, and the plague that followed...
Nothing had survived, and yet, that was not why I was there, not this time!
This was more than a special event, more precious in ways that a mere mortal could comprehend... It took a God, to destroy life, and it took a Goddess, to restore it.
Up above, as if she were floating, with long white hair and blood red tips, her dress flowing as she sailed across the barren wasteland, the charred grasses springing to life, flowers popping up as her bare feet brushed against the ground. Like a flower on the wind, her touch causing life to grow anew, and her voice...
She was singing to this new world, this new creation she was building, the melody so sweet, it coaxed the final blossoms to open, and let loose the first flock of birds that soared through the sky. Each note opened new opportunities, new moments to record as the species unfolded before me, seconds turning into hours, and then days; so many delicate souls, newly born in this paradise before my eyes.
The song changed and the ground began to rumble, and the crashing of the waves swept through my ears, the river raging past as it claimed its path in this miracle of creation. I watched, and I recorded. All of the animals; the crawlers and diggers, the fliers and swimmers, and entire ecosystem, appearing as if the Lady in White had birthed them with each breath she took.
Time sped up as I stood there, still nothing but a wisp on a hill, and I watched as they grew before my very eyes, hundreds, of different species. From the charred remains, she had given life, and to watch as that life spun its magical webs through time... the way she continued to dance through the air, each finger unleashing another wondrous moment...