Questioning Order

"I am pleased you could all join us!" Lady Ellaria spoke, and yet, Lync was confused.
They? There was but one, individual in front of them, dressed in a dark gray cloak that masked their face. And what was more, Lady Ellaria wasn't dressed as she had been before. Instead of her long white robes, she wore a simple frock, tied at the waist with a short cloak over top, her hair and face, hidden in the hood. She looked nothing like she had before...
"And yet we, are not as pleased." The voices replied in unison.
What, the actual fuck? What, were they? Sure, he had heard of the Order, through Navina, but this, was nuts.
"That is a pity! You are here, none the less!" The Lady of Light sighed, "And I fear, the charges against your Order, are great!"
"Speak of your charges, and know that you shall be judged in your queries. Where is your Council? Who are you to speak to us in such a way?"
"Your Order, has broken its own rules!" She started, ignoring that last comment. "Condemning one of your own for her insolence, and committing the very same crime you accused her of..."
"That is absurd!" The voices laughed. "We have broken no rules. Who are you, to lay claims against us? Where is your Council?"
"But you have broken the rules!" Lady Ellaria told them.
Was there more than one beneath that long gray cloak?
"You took from her, a life that had been laid out by destiny itself, and in doing so, altered the time line even more..." She paused a moment, glaring at them, and a sudden chill passed them by.
"What is this?" The voices rang out in alarm, "You avoid our questions, and then you would bring a Valkyrie into our midst? And not just any Valkyrie, but a daughter of Janice?"
"A niece, thank you very much!" Malice cut in, "And might I ask, what it is that I have done, to anger the Order so?"
Malice knew of the Order, and she hadn't said anything? She acted as if she knew them, personally, though their claims were foreign to her. And who the hell was Janice? All Lync could do, was stand off to one side in silence, waiting for his moment to come forward.
"You would speak to us? You, who in past lives have broken every rule we hold so dear?" The figure raised its hand and shook it violently in her direction. "Janice was a disgrace to her kind..."
"Janice was a Warrior of great skill, and the females of her line still stand in high regards before the Council. You would be wise to hold your tongues!" She sighed, and shook her head.
Tongues? How many voices sprang from that one set of hidden lips? How many minds were trapped in that one body? Was there even a body?
"Janice, was a fool! And Rammal, was no different!" They laughed again. "Your Council called us here to discuss Navina, not to disgust us with the niece, of a traitor!"
"A traitor?" Malice's anger flared, "Janice was no traitor! If anything, she helped to fill the massive void, with life, she was a Hero! But that was before you condemned Rammal, to life eternal in the darkness!"
"We will not discuss the incident with you, it was far before your time Valkyrie, and a thorn in our sides, no longer. Why you would assume you could approach this matter in the first place... Where is your Council?"
  Malice would have moved for the cloaked figure's throat, had Lady Ellaria not put forth her hand to stop her. "This will be won, with words, my old friend. Not with blades, nor anger!"
"It disrespects my blood line. It speaks half truths and spews such vile hatred for my kin. I am well within my rights to gut it like wild game, and feast upon it's blood from my boot!"
"In time, my old friend, please? Give it time! You will see blood shed, by moon's rise this day!"
The Valkyrie stood back, taking one last glare at the figure in gray.
"I should warn against angering this one, I'm pretty sure it would be the last mistake you ever made, so maybe not! Instead, I wish you good luck!" Malice grinned at the figure, and turned away from them, her feathers ruffling as her wings threatened to let loose.
"You're threats mean nothing to us! We live in the slip stream of space and time, your weapons will never touch us, and your anger is nothing, compared to what we have faced in times that have passed. Tell us, what makes you so sure that it is not us, who could render you, useless? Left nothing but a shell, a mockery of what you once were, with nothing more than a flick of our fingers? We have witnessed the destruction of worlds, the rebirth of whole star systems throughout the ages as the galaxies turn; and you, a Valkyrie, wish to warn us?"
"Your pride is what will be your undoing!" She smiled at them, yet another warning they did not deserve.
"As was yours, when you cast your spells upon the city, and sank her to the depths beyond our reach. So much, for the civilization that would have been home to us all. If it were not for your interference then, just as you interfere now, the verse would have been a different place!"
Lync had already pegged Malice as a real go-getter, but watching her now... WOW!
She was all about finding out the answers, and yet as he watched, entranced it what was going on, he was more confused now, than he had been before.
What were they talking about? What city? What sea? And who was Janice again? What about Navina?
"Tell me of Navina!" He cut in, and the room settled in a hush. "Tell me of the female, Navina!"
"The tales of her time among us are forbidden! Not even the elders will speak her name!"
"And yet, they trap her in her own thoughts?" Malice snarled at them. "I have seen the female for myself, and I have tasted her thoughts. They are tainted with the taste of your meddling."
"You summon us under false pretenses, bring the kin of traitors to our temple, one niece and one son... And you hide your face, as if you fear our knowing your true self; masking from us, what secrets you hold inside your mind."
What did it just say?
Son of a... what? A traitor?
It, knew his parents?
Lync was more than shocked, he was...
"Return to your precious Council, and deliver to them this warning, that if they value our alliance...." But that was all he heard, before the blood began to boil in his veins. He was not, leaving here with out answers.
"You call me the son of a traitor, but I know nothing of the traitors you speak!" He called out.
"Silence, you insolent fool! Have you know sense to know what forbidden means? To speak of such things..."
"Enough!" Her words rang out, and for a moment, even the Valkyrie stood still. "You come to our Verse from the hell of another..." She started, "You came here, to us, and we granted you safe passage throughout our worlds. We kept you hidden, when you needed to rest..."
"You know nothing of what was offered..."
"I know, all, of what was offered that day!" Her voice carried on, the ground beginning to shake beneath Lync's feet; and a sly grin, fell upon the Warrior's face.
The ground cracked and the steam rose, the air around them grew hot and humid; for a moment there, Lync swore he saw Lord Eroch himself.
"You lie!" They roared, though the three steps back that the figure took...
"I know, because I am the one who offered it, and it was I, who laid that scroll in your matriarch's hand. I allowed you access, unhindered, to our realm." She shouted back at it, her hood falling to her shoulders, her silky white hair and blood kissed tips, those deadly green eyes that zeroed in on the figure and held it frozen to the spot. "One planet, for your females to rest and thrive, and another, hidden away, filled with your males..."
Okay, now that sounded a lot like a movie he had watched once, but still, Lync couldn't believe what he was hearing. Lady Ellaria had granted the Order what they'd asked for? She knew who they were, had dealt with them before... She had to have more answers than she had already provided...
"You mean to tell us, that you, are the one true Lady of Light?" Was that a laugh? Or a snicker?
"If she has to say it again, that light, will probably end up where you don't want it to shine!" Malice howled, and the Angel joined in, no longer remaining quiet in the shadows.
"Isn't this quaint!" The figure made a noise that sounded like it gagged, "You brought an Angel. Did you think it would help? Did you expect us, to listen to the words of a downgraded copy?"
"I expect you to follow the rules that were set down by the Council. The rules, you swore were like your own, and yet..."
The figure moved quickly, dropping it's cloak, and all of them could see the way the eyes took on an eerie white glow. "We have broken no rules! Our minds see and speak as one, we travel nowhere alone! There is no room for error..." The figure paused, its long dark hair, a reflection of Navina's own.
"You're..." Lync started, but the sudden feel of the grip around his throat, though nothing was there...
"Unhand him!" The Valkyrie spoke, stepping forward once more. "Before I paint the walls, with your blood!"
"Do you think that will scare us?" The voice laughed, and the figure, so much like Navina, fell to the ground; the blood pooling out around her in an horrid shade of silver. "We are but a figment in your mind, Lyncan, son of Lokaryn! There is no way that you, or the Valkyrie, could harm us!"
"But I could!" Lady Ellaria let out, raising her hands above her head, the light beginning to grow larger, and larger still. "Your judgment is out of my hands, but know this, none of your kind shall travel free, so long as the female called Navina, remains trapped in her own mind. You will release her, or remain here, in this temple, and here alone."
The figure rose from the floor like some horror film, and Lync watched as it moved towards Lady Ellaria. "You dare to pass sentence on us? Commoners, we are not! And we will not sit back and watch you..."
"Silence!" The Lady of Light let out, and Lync swore he saw the fire light up within her. "You will, release Navina..."
"No..." Was all they managed to get out, before the light blinded all, and Lync felt the arm on his shoulder, and his body was flying through space.
What the fuck? What was happening?
Lyncan? Son of Lokaryn?

***

"I am so..." He started,but she kissed him again.
"Don't!" She reminded him. "There is nothing to be sorry for!"
"But we just... and I am..."
So much for that hot moment they had shared.
"Seriously?" She shook her head, "You feel guilty, now?" She added, pulling away from him, panting as her body regained its composure.
She was still naked, still fully aware of how much more her body wanted, and yet now...
"Gods may he forgive me!" Tanin shook his head, and stumbled across the floor. "All I wanted was a shower, but when I saw you there..." He stopped short,and turned away from her, "I should go!" He added, and removed himself from the room.
Great! Just fucking great! They had just shared in one sinful as fuck, encounter, and now, he was going to wallow away in some corner? Really? Had he not said, that his lover had begged him to find pleasure in another? Not, to wallow in guilt and grief?
What the hell?
So, there she was, standing in the shower stall, soaking wet and so not even close to being chilled, but the shivers still ran through her. Gods, he had been amazing! He knew exactly what he was doing, for someone who was said to covet only the males, his rhythm was smooth and his thrust deep, and the moment itself...
Kember shuddered again, feeling his hands run up and down her back, his lips, nipping at her neck as he had slid himself inside her. He had been just as lost in the carnal moment as she had, she had heard his moans and groans, felt his seed as it spilled into her; and yet, he had run away.
"Dammit!" She let out with a sigh, flicking at the knob that would have brought the warm water back, but there was nothing. "Oh, come on!"
So much for that idea, no water, no warm shower to drown herself in and the sonic waves wouldn't even come close to touching the itch he had left when he exited the room. Grabbing a towel from a nearby hanger, wrapping it around herself, and then another went around her long wet hair. The bright streaks of blue amidst all that black was breathtaking, or so she had been told, and her eyes, like stars that shimmered across a lake of blue waters;captivating one's soul.
They had described her Mother in such ways, the alleged, Queen of the Dark Arts. Some Queen, last Kember had heard she was...
"Fuck!" She had to stop herself.
The guilt was now eating her up as well, she was thinking of the stupidest things, trying to avoid it, but it was right there inside her gut; clenching her chest as the anxieties rose. 'Gods may he forgive me!'
They had been Tanin's words, but the more she heard them in her own mind, the deeper they sank.
Mir'Kion.
Her, Kion. Or was he? They had never made anything official, and they may, or may not have only fooled around a few times; and by that, she meant they had. Gods, she knew she shouldn't feel this way, but holy shit, it was hitting her hard. She, had just fucked, because there was nothing else you could call what they had done, and she had instigated it.
'Don't...go...'
"Fuck!" She let out and slammed her fist into the door, which opened immediately, and Tanin stood on the other side. "Oh my Gods!" She let out, almost dropping the towel that wrapped around her.
"I couldn't do it!" He told her, his eyes half shut and his voice so low.
"Couldn't, do what?" She managed to get out past the lump in her throat.
"I couldn't, walk away!" He growled,and looked into her eyes.
"I, uh..." She started to say, but her lips were silenced when his came down upon them.
She felt the guilt fall away, replaced by the sinful urges they had shared once already, his arms around her waist, hers around his neck; the towels, falling to the floor between them. It did not matter that they were now out in the hall. The shower room door wide open, and the steam escaping from within. There was no one around but them, as he lowered her to the floor.
Sliding between her thighs, he let his fingers soften her, sliding across those sensitive folds, and diving inside as she let out the most delicate of whimpers. Lips on her neck, hands cupping her breasts, his sex so thick, and so hot against her leg...
"I couldn't just walk away, not like that! Not when my own body wanted so much more of you!" He groaned in to her shoulder, nipping her, running his teeth across her skin.
"Shhhh..." She let out best she could, riding the current he body set forth, rippling beneath her skin with each sizzle.
He kissed her, fondled her, and the wetness grew between her thighs and her body ached for more the real deal. Tanin, was taking his time,making sure he pleasured her as he said '...he should have the first time!' but she had had enough. She wanted him, needed him now, and pushing up against his chest and tossing him onto his side, right in the middle of the passageway, she mounted him; straddling his hips and sliding down into his lap.
The look on his face was priceless, his eyes closed, his mouth opened as if to gasp...
"Oh, fuck!" He groaned, shuddering beneath her, but not once did he sex lie flat.
He rose to sit up, holding her carefully as she rocked against him, her breast in his face, her nipples teasing his lips, it was all he could... He couldn't resist, and his tongue shot out, tickling the tips.
Kember moaned as he suckled at her chest, running her hands through his hair as the wave crested, and finally washed over them, panting and groaning, he held on to her tight, pulling her down against him as he thrust up into her and released his seed for the final time inside her. Quivering in his lap, she tried to gather her breath, tried to stop the shudders that ran her through...
"Holy shit, Kember!" The voice rang out, and the hall went cold."Is this what you do in your spare time?"
Kember felt the blood drain from her face, looking up at the massive Demon before her, and she felt Tanin shudder beneath her, the guilt returning as she sat in his lap.
"Could you uh, put some clothes on?"He asked, shielding his eyes as he laughed into the inner nook of his elbow.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" She shouted at him, scurrying across the hall to the shower room, and grabbing one of the towels along the way.
"I was, rescuing you! Or so I thought!" He laughed again, "Doesn't look like you needed much rescuing though!"
"How did you find us?" Tanin inquired,wrestling the second towel around his waist.
"Well, when lover boy starts panicking, and tells all..." The Demon shook his head, "Really? You and Kion?"
"Shut the fuck, up, Nyx!"
"Oh, but then there is you, and Kion!" He grinned back at her. "Guess everyone wants a piece of that Kalvashian scum!"
"Wait, what?" It was like they spoke in unison. "You and Kion?"
"Me?" Tanin shot out, "Mir'Kion has been my mate for years!" He growled at her. "So watch what names you throw about!" Tanin added with a growl, glaring at Nyx. "He is no more scum, than you are."
"Seems he fooled everyone then, being the traitor that he is!" The Demon grinned, "Right up until I beat the answers from his lips..."
"You what?" Kember let out with a gasp.
"He gave away our positions, three times! He led the Insid to us, and then led us right into an ambush from their new 'Hive' ship, planet, thing." The Demon snarled, and spat to his left, near his shoe. "Said it was for love, that he did it! Trying to protect this fuck-up right here! Did you tell her what you did?" He glared at Tanin.
"I didn't, do, anything." Tanin roared, "Nothing that would cause your rebellion any harm, that is!"
"Any harm?" Nyx laughed, "Homeboy, you better check the memory logs, cause it was you who gave some fuck tart named Karnal, the access codes for the Kalvashian Command."
When Kember's face turned as white as her towel, he added, "Guess he forgot to tell you that! Seems he too, did it for love!"
Kember stared at Tanin, the male she had just given herself to, twice. "You, and Kion?"
"Yup, they're quite the pair! So we figured if he was out here with you..."
"Who, is we?" Kember looked horrified, "Who else did they send?"
"Um, just me!" He laughed, "Are you gonna go put some clothes on? Seriously, I may be the only one here for now, but who knows who else is gonna pop in."
Shit! Fuck! Kion, and Tanin, seriously?
"What are you going to do with him?" She asked. Cocking a brow at the Demon.
"Well, seeing as how you've just satisfied him, I guess that's out of the question, so I'm guessing I'll have to beat him a little!"
Kember couldn't help but look at Tanin, and the male just hung his head. "Why?"
"I had no choice! They swore to destroy Kalvash..."
"They destroyed it anyhow!" Nyx glared at him, "Now wasn't that just a fucked up little backfire in your plans eh?" Nyx made to cuff the male upside the head,but he held back. "You..." He started again, turning to Kember. "I'd say keep this little party of yours quiet, but Kion's already sharing a cell with a Vamp or two, and shit is going down back home!"
"Why did you lie to me?" She looked past Nyx, and the bloody Demon shook his head.
"I had, no, choice!" Tanin admitted. "They knew about me and Kion!"
"Oh fucking rights they did!" Nyx laughed, "They were pulling his strings the whole time, right up to when he let fucking Lornah onto his damned ship!"
"What?" Kember's mouth dropped open."And Madrina?"
"I had no choice!"
"Funny, that's what he kept saying too! But Madrina is awake and ready to wage war on the bastard, and requesting your presence!" Nyx rolled his eyes. "Well, technically, it was our Lady who asked for your return, in hopes she could make it up to Madrina!"
"What?Why?" Kember let out with a weird look on her scrunched up face.
"She uh, took Nissa on a little trip!" Nyx told her.
"Well that's not so..."
"And brought Malice along as well!" He cut in, and leaned against the wall.
"Fuck off!" Kember hissed in disbelief.
"So, yeah! That's what's happening on the home front, and if you'd kindly fucking get dressed, we can head back there!" He grinned at her, "Samo'san, is that way!"

***

She was running out of time. The sun was fading fast, and she had no idea where the visions were going to take her next. The Order had left her high and dry, just as they had so many times before. They'd brought her to this place, this snow covered world, many times she had been forced to trek through the cold vastness of white, listening to the wild as it howled in the distance.
Fallen trees and thick underbrush, all of it covered in snow, footprints lining the ground, droplets of red spotting the ground between them. He was hurt, this she already knew. He was tall,muscular, and that was all that she could remember. He'd stand before in his suit of black, his helmet...
And that was where it had always ended, that was where they would reign her back in and locked her memories down tight. There had been no access to that specific room in her memory warehouse, no access at all. But now...

She was taken back in time, to the dawn of a new age,on a planet so young. A vast expanse of so many different terrains, the people and the wild life exploring everything their home had to offer; and then some. They created their own images of the Gods, built themselves shelters and learned to work the land; but the greed ran deep within them all. They wanted more, craved it in their bones, and so the fighting began.
Small at first, simple squabbles between clans, but over time their civilization grew stronger, larger, and the squabbles turned into wars, until nothing was left but the scorched soil beneath their feet, and the ash is the air that crept into their lungs. They were dying, their bodies failing far too soon, and they had done it to themselves. They had brought on the wars, they had been responsible for the plagues that followed, they had destroyed this world they had called home.
They had been the first people, said to have lived and lost in a span of a thousand years, aided by an unknown source. Now, nothing remained here, but the snow covered masses of land, and the wildlife that had begun to thrive.
The last rays of sun had dipped behind the northern mountains, the rim of red so close to disappearing when she noticed the hint of blue, streaking through the sky just above it. It soared like it had wings, the natural curve it took, making for a very rough landing in the thicket of trees nearby.
She had to get down there, she had to see what had made that light in the sky...