Family

'Push!' The female shouted, a female with long dark hair like her own, and a moment later, a soft cry shot through the room, growing louder with each new breath. 'Very good, Salora! Very good!'
'Is it? Is it a female?' The mother asked, though Navina could not see her face.
'It is!' Came the reply.
'May I see her?'
That was when the room grew silent, colder than it had been but a moment ago.
'Please? May I see her?'
Again, silence. A little white room, surrounded in pillars and candles, a red birthing bed in the center of it all, and on it, a Mother who yearned for her child.
'I need to feed her! Please, bring her to me!'
The child was screaming, as if it knew its Mother's voice, and felt the concern in her tone.
'She is beautiful!' The older female finally sighed, bringing the child closer. 'You have done well, Salora!'
'Thank you, Elonah! Thank you for everything!'
'Hold on to that child tight, this night is not over, and Foran isn't going to give up that easily!' The older female warned her.
'He cannot enter here! The Order will protect us!' Salora seemed so sure of it, but the other female just shook her head.
'You mated with him out of union, Salora...'
'He took, what was not his, to take!' The mother whimpered, holding the child to her breast.
'You traveled beyond the safe limits,you knew the risks of venturing too far...'
'So they will just let him take her? You cannot be serious Elonah? She is my daughter, the next in our line...'
'Not to them!' The female hung her head, and made towards the door. 'The sun will rise soon, and the child will be sent to the temple. She will be safe there.'
'He will not take Marena! I will not let him! I would die first...'
'Then die, you shall!' The voices echoed through the room, and Elonah drew her sword from her side.
'You are not welcome here, Foran, son of Karn! Leave, before your blood is shed this night!' Elonah spoke, her words so clear and yet the male, so large and so sinister looking, just laughed.
'I will not leave this realm, until I have seen my young!'
'She, is not your young!' Salora shouted,and his eyes drifted towards her.
'You lay on your back while I crawled between your thighs, My seed filled your womb and gave life to the young you hold at your breast. She is mine, I can smell it!' He grinned, 'And I shall see, my daughter!'
'You will do no such thing!' Elonah bellowed, raising her sword high above her head, but it was far too late for that.
He was before her in a heartbeat, his own sword piercing her armor plating, and slicing through her delicate flesh.
Salora watched as Elonah fell to her knees, her mouth open in shock, her eyes wide and filled with fear. 'No!' She screamed so loud, the young began to cry along with her. 'Elonah? Elonah, I'm so sorry!' She whimpered, as the female fell to the floor, the life leaving her eyes as she exhaled her last breath.
'Do you see what you have done? Really, Salora! If you had just given me what was mine...' He laughed and shook his head, 'You loved me, once!'
'You appeared so sweet and innocent, had I known what ran through your mind that night, had I known what you had planned for me.. You tricked me. You and your wicked female, drugging my drinks and defiling my body...'
'Defiling? Oh no, Salora, I remember quite well how you squirmed as I took you, your body accepting the sinful pleasures we shared. You enjoyed it, Salora, you loved the nasty things we did together!'
'Lies! All of them! I never who have lain with you, never!'
'Give her to me!' The male growled, his long dark hair hanging in front of his face. 'Give me, my Marena!'
'She is not yours, you will never take her from me!' Salora whimpered, but the sudden pain in her belly had her keeling over to the side, the child wailing in her arms.
There was no one to help her, and though Navina's heart ached, there was nothing even she could do, but watch as the beast approached Salora,taking the infant from her arms and cradling it close. The child cried for its Mother, screeching as its little arms reached out for her.
'Give her to me, Foran! Give me, my daughter...' But the pain was growing, her belly so round and swollen.
'She has my eyes, Salora! And my hair! She is my daughter...' He chuckled,glaring at the female as she writhed in pain. 'She is Kor'Mhia! Blood of my blood, and she belongs with her own kind!'
'Foran? Foran,you cannot take her! Please, Foran? She needs me! I am her Mother!'
'You were a tool, Salora! A tool along the path my fore bearers had set out for me! She, my Marena, will lead our people, Salora; and she will never know, the worthless shell, that was her Mother!'
'Foran!' She shouted, and then recoiled in pain. 'Foran, you cannot do this! She is of the Order, they will not let you keep her..'
'Who do you think, told me you were here?' He grinned at her,' Stupid, stupid female! Say goodbye to your Mother, Marena!' And with that, he vanished from sight.
'Noooooo!' Salora let out, trying her best to crawl from the bed. 'Marena?' She shouted, 'Foran, bring her back!'
It seemed like forever, but she had managed to get off the bed and scramble towards the door, only to have it open before her, and a handful of female's rushed in.
'Oh Gods, Elonah!' One of hem let out, and the door was opened again, and the century guards were summoned.
'Marena!' Salora tried to get out, as the hands came down and lifted her back onto the bed.
'Hush now, you need your strength!' She heard the voice say, and the  pain shot through her again.
'What is happening? Where is my daughter?'
'Hush now, Salora, we are here! Do not worry now, it will all be over soon!' The female smiled at her.
'What...? What will be...' But she could not finish as the pain exceeded her threshold, and the female told her to push.
She was to what? But she had already...
'Push!' She told her, and Navina stood back in awe of what was before her.
'PUSH!' The female ordered, and Salora had no choice but to comply.
A cry from the Mother, weakened by the strain of a shattered heart, and then, the cry of a second child, one whose hair was lighter, but still dark...
'It's a female!' They shouted, and a few even clapped their hands, rejoicing in recognition of yet another kin to the Order.
'It's a... what?" Salora let out, her mind barely functioning, the light shimmering in her eyes, one last time.
'Salora? Salora, wake up!' But there was no waking the female, not after what she had been through, and Navina felt her heart crumble.
'Salora? Salora, wake up! She needs you! Salora..'
A few minutes passed, another put her hand on the female's shoulder, and the tears began to fall.
'Bloody hell!'
'It was only a matter of time! We knew he would come for her and the child, her light began to diminish the moment she met him.'
'And what of Pathen? You know he had a hand in this! You cannot tell me otherwise!'
'Pathen, will be dealt with! Salora will be the last daughter of the Rammal line, to fall by his hands.'
What had they called him? And what had he done?
'What shall we name her?' One of them asked, as the white sheet was pulled up over Salora's face and the final words of rest were spoken.
'Navina! We shall call her Navina, after the morning flower her mother loved so much...."

***