Not Your Average Teddy Bear

She had never seen creatures such as these. Standing no more than three feet tall, eyes like little black pebbles and fur that covered their bodies. They called themselves, The Shoohk, though she would have settled for Snuggle Bears, as that's what they had been doing when she first arrived. They were adorable and they loved to play; if you liked snuggling teddy bears with razor sharp teeth.
That so called cuteness, she had found out as another creature approached, was just on the outside. Inside, they were ravenous little balls of chaos that lured you in with their lot little eyes and their soft purring; and by then it was too late. It had not ended well for the beast that had entered their little thicket, his death warrant had been signed the moment he mistook their scent, as food.
The little fur covered monsters had taken to its back, digging their claws into its skin as they howled about; and that was when she heard them speak.
'I's has a presents for yous!' One of them had told the beast as the club came down against the poor things skull.
It was over before it had even begun, the beast lay there without breath as the little Shoohks chanted and howled away into the night. It sen tshivers down her spine to think of those who had fallen before it,what sort of madness had the little Terror Bears caused?
This world was wrought with so many questions, so many different creatures living in the forests, had the beast not known what waited for him along his path?
'It was toos eazy! There haves to be anothers! Mights we looks for mores?' A booming voice called out over the rest,though which one had spoken, she had no clue.
So many of them swarmed around the poor beast, his soul long gone but his body remained, now desecrated by those foul little scoundrels. It was clear they could not be trusted, that they carried the greed and the hunger in their veins.

When Navina's eyes finally opened, she watched the lights outside dance across the water droplets as they slid down the window. It was still dark out, but she was home, finally. No more birthday party, no more hospital, no more doctors and repeated questions; just, her bed. Their bed, she reminded herself as she felt the bed shudder beneath her and heard the sigh as he settled in his sleep.

Lync had never strayed far from her side, especially when she was injured; not that it had happened very often, but still. The fact that the male was there now, right beside her, she couldn't help but snuggle in closer and feel the weight of his arm as he pulled her in beside him. The warmth his body provided, like a security blanket that only he could provide, and on a night like this, it was exactly what she needed to fall back asleep.

'What haves they dones?' A soft whimper came across the horizon.
The same small voice, the same sss added on to its words, it had to be a Shoohk; but...
'We's will haves to reports this! We's cannot lets them continues!' Came another. 'The Lady wills not stands or its!'
'She wills know its was nots us?'
'We's can hopes!'
Such an odd conversation, for a pair of Terror Teddies. That's what she would call them, the perfect nickname for the horrible little beasties; and yet now...
'Comes! We's will go sees the Elders abouts this!'
'But we's cannots just leaves him heres!'
'The others are too fars away to helps, olds friend!'
'Ifs his kind finds him likes this...' But the sudden snap of a twig nearby, had all of them, including her, looking at what was emerging from the bushes.
'Is its the Transporter? Has she comes to takes him to the courts?'
'No...' Was all the little beastie could get out, as dozens of Shoohk crept out of the shadows.
 She watched as they trampled the foliage around them, so many of them, she could barely keep count; and all of them dressed as if they were meant for battle.
 'Whats are you doings heres?' One of the new arrivals croaked out. 'Dids you gets lost?'
'You haves to stops this,its is madnesses! They wills thinks its was us...'
'Ands that scares you, Eemle?' It laughed at him.
'No!' The soft spoken one replied.
'Comes now, I's would thinks you smarters than thats!'
Something was not right here! They were, arguing? Were they not of the same kin? Were they not, all, Shoohk? But then she noticed the darkness in the fur of those who circled around this Eemle, whose fur was incredibly lighter; were there two species of Shoohk?
'You shoulds come backs with us! All wills be forgivens! You wills sees is all clears once you bathes in the sacreds mountain pools!' Eemle pleaded with them, 'Please, Onih? Do nots dos this to us. You knows whats will happens!'
'You shoulds come withs us!' A short, black looking Shoohk stepped forward. 'Our new masters wills be prouds of you, and gives you greats glories!'
'Theys are nots our masters, our Gods, are ours masters! Buts yous all seems to haves forgotten thats!'
'I's has nots forgottens how our Gods let mines mate perish! Or hows they lefts mines sons withouts a sister...' The dark one snarled atEemle, 'I's has nots forgottens the ways theys let me suffers, buts the masters, theys promised much, and haves delivered!'
This argument was getting them nowhere, and as she watched on, she wondered what more to this lay ahead? She was here for a reason,though that reason had become so unclear now with the addition of a second faction.
'Your kinds, wills nots last longs!' The dark one growled, and stepped back in line with the others.
Again,it was over before it began.
She could not bear to watch as the battle bore on, but when the last footsteps could be heard and the wind echoed with nothing but silence, she turned back around. What waited for her, was a true sight to behold, as a female appeared from the crisp, cool air, and knelt down over what was left of Eemle and his companion.
She had long dark hair with hints of red, and wore a cloak that came down around her shoulders, blanketing the two small Shoohks. Who was she? What was she? What was she doing here?