Unsettling Returns

Navina couldn't believe what she was seeing on the screen before her. It was Kember alright, sneaking in to the shuttle bay and boarding the shuttle, but it wasn't just Kember, she was looking at.
"Who is that?" Lync inquired, but as Kion and he discussed it further, she seemed to zone out on the face of the female who accompanied her friend.
Hair in shades of red and white, skin like that of a doll, and her eyes, so green, just like her own. She had never before seen such a female, the way she moved with elegance and grace, and that long green cloak that hung down from her shoulders... breath taking, to say the least. But who was she? And what, was she doing with Kember?"
"No one remembers seeing her on board, Sir, but if you remember the banner that flew across our screen a month ago?" One of the males let out,"Something about The Void?"
"It was rubbish, Akine! Some group of sociopaths who had nothing better to do than spread the word that the Gods were coming! 'The war is upon us, and only the Gods can save us now....' Come on, you really think that three females are going to rush in and save the day?" Kion did not look impressed, but then, he didn't look to innocent, either.
Instant denial, paired with the shifty eyes and the way he swayed from foot to foot; sure, she could chalk it up to Kember's sudden departure, but come on, the male was screaming 'Liar!' He had to know something, and was either too afraid, or under orders not to say anything.
"It spoke of their appearance, Sir..." Akine started again, and Navina was most interested to hear him speak, but Kion, not so much.
"And that makes you think that this female here..." He cut in, pointing at the frozen image on the screen, "... is one of the Gods?"
"Well not me, Sir! But some of the crew, they believe the tales they hear off world!"
"So tell me then, what are these tales they speak of?" Kion inquired, his detective self taking over, with his arms crossed over his chest and one brow cocked. "Tell me a story, Akine!"
"I..." The male started, his face flushed and his breathing, rapid. "I don't..."
"You don't what? Navina hear tells stories too, perhaps she knows of these, Gods?" He grinned, turning to face her.
"I could call up Darnik, Sir! He knows the mall!"
"I suggest you do that!" Kion let out, and watched as the male left the room.
Navina stared at all the monitors that lined the wall, the flashing lights and the shimmering screens. It wasn't every day, that she got to see the entire gut of a ship from one room, and then she saw it, or rather, her.
"What the hell?" She let out, watching the live feed that was playing from the camera outside her room.
There was a female, in fact, it was Dr. Terran, and she was unlocking the door to Navina's room.
"Shit!" She added, and took off from the room.
"Vina?" She heard Lync calling after her, but her mind was set on one thing, and one thing alone; getting to that room.
What the hell was that female doing? Why was she on board this ship?Why was she in Navina's room?
"Vina?" She heard Lync call again as she turned the corner, almost taking out one of the 'Extras' that was heading towards the computer lab.
She couldn't stop though, not when she had so many questions for the good doctor; like,what the hell was she supposed to remember?
Down another passageway and around a few more corners, and she came face to face with an open door, the light from inside shining through. It was her door, her room...
"Shit!" She heard come from inside the room, and her heart started to beat even faster.
She was still in there, and she was....
"Fuck me, this shit stings!"
She was, injured?
It was now or never, as Lync was coming down the hall behind her. Navina raced into the room, as if something had been calling to her, "What the hell are you doing here?" She blurted out, coming to a sudden stop at the end of the counter.
Before her, was Dr. Terran, but she no longer looked like a doctor; more like a super secret operative of the underworld.
"You have... no idea, how close to the truth...you are!" The female tried to laugh, but the sudden twitch of her hand, and the needle she held...
"Are you stitching it yourself" Navina had no idea why she'd even asked, but the words still fell from her lips, and her body seemed to carry her forward.
"Not... such a good... job...' She managed to get out, her handshaking like a leaf on the wind. "Vial... black box..."
As if she knew exactly what she needed, Navina made her way to the little black box the female had given her earlier, and with vial in hand, hurried back to her; but, the room filled with a thick black smoke, and the feel of death was upon her.
"Mia?" The voice boomed, though Navina could not see anyone, nor could she seethe door, or the view screen; but she felt the prick as the vial shattered in her hand, and the glass dug in to her skin.
A moment later, and the figure appeared before her. A male so tall, so large, and so dark. His eyes were like diamonds glistening in the flames, and the markings on his neck and bare chest as he threw his tatter trench coat to the side... "Oh, fuck me sideways! Mia?" H egrowled again as he rushed to her side, and lifted her into his arms."Let's get you home, my mate!" He cooed into her ear, and then spun his gaze upon Navina. "Boo!" He let out with a grin, and then he and the doctor he had called Mia, vanished before her eyes.
"Vina?" Lync called from the door way, and she spun to face him. "Vina? Oh Gods, your hand..." He muttered, staring at her as the smoke cleared. "What happened?" He added, rushing towards her as the male had rushed towards the doctor only moments before.
She looked down at her hand at the vial that was meant for the female; the vial, that lay crushed and leaking all over her bloodied hand. "Recording..." She managed to get out, before the world went dark, and she felt her mind drifting away.