Beasts On The Horizon- Part One

"How you feeling?" The sound of his voice drew her out of her slumber,her body fully rested and her mind so ready to explore; but only at the promise of breakfast in bed.
"Not too bad actually!"She smiled back at him, and the male let out a grin so wide.
"So then, you might be up for a job?" His grin grew even wider, Navina swore his jaw was going to break.
"What sort of job?"She inquired with a yawn, stretching her arms up and above her head as he tugged at the flimsy blankets that covered her.
"You get to play with guns!" He laughed, and tossed a scroll on the bed."We've been contracted out! Harris says these guys need extra eyes on his job, and we're it!"
Really? A job? Like, a real job?It had been weeks since they'd seen any coin; and she got to play with guns? Like Lync and his comics, Navina had her guns. A sawed off she had picked up in the market place, one she liked to call Lyla,and then there were the twins, as Lync called them, a pair of nine millimeter handguns that fit nicely into the chest holster he had gotten her a few years back. They were lucky, or at least she thought so, with fifteen rounds in each, give or take a few as she could never keep track, they were a blessing to have on her when she needed them.
"So what's the job?" She asked again.
"You sure you're up for it?"
"Won't know until you tell me!"She glared back at him, but she couldn't help the grin that had weaseled its way in there.
"Well..." He started, climbing back into the bed, sliding his chest across her knees, up higher so his eyes were gazing in to hers and his lips were so devilishly close. "There was talk of a ship..." He went on, nipping at her neck. "And a short trip to one of those private islands..."
"Wait..." She stopped him, "Is this a job, or a vacation?"
She wasn't about to play games here, if he meant to say that they were heading out past the reef, to those island... Oh, she was so down for that, regardless of the so called job. Sun, beaches,males.... A female could look, couldn't she?
"It's a job,Vina!" He laughed, and then took her lips against his own. "It's a very, very good job!"
"And?" There was always an 'and' when it came to something this good. It was a well known fact that Navina's life was one tragedy after another; save Lync.
"And, all we have to do is make sure some talk show host makes it through the night!" He added, a little too, nonchalantly.
"Excuse you?" Navina blurted out, "What host?"
The look on Lync's face told her he wasn't too keen on telling her any more, but he had opened that can of 'OMG' and he wasn't about to leave her hanging.
"Lync? Baby? What host?" She let out with a soft purr. "Who is he?"
"She!"
Navina had to laugh,more than a decade and the male was still nervous when mentioning another female round her. He was loyal, and she knew that, but it was absolutely hilarious the way he mumbled and fidgeted when it came to subjects like this.
"Oh?" She giggled, "And does, She,have a name?"
"Not that I'd remember, but her Ex is kind of super stalker crazy, if you know where I'm going with this?" He paused a moment to nip at her neck once more. "He's made some threats, and she wants extra security while she hosts her birthday shindig!"
"Shindig?"
"Okay, an elegant ball,with weekend long party afterwards!" He admitted with a grin. "On the beach!"
"And the Ex?" Navina couldn't help but whimper as he nibbled on her ear.
"Ever heard of aKalvashian?" He cocked a brow at her, "No shitting you, they're blue!"
"I know what a Kalvashian is..." She mumbled, her mind taking her back to an earlier encounter with a rather drunk male, who wouldn't take no for an answer. "So when do we leave?"
"How fast can you get dressed? Kember's gonna meet us at the ship!" He grinned again, and pulled away from her. "Come on, it'll be fun!"
"Yes, fun!" She let out, and hoisted the rest of the blankets out of the way. "Give me a bit to take a shower at least!"
"No, time! Besides, you can shower on the ship!"
"You said it was going to be a short trip!"
'Twenty four hours is a short trip!" He laughed, and threw a duffel in her direction. "Get ready, pack light! They'll have uniforms for us when we arrive." And with that, he was out of the room and humming his way down the hall.
"Uniforms, great!Who are we pretending to be this time?" She sighed again as her feet touched the cold floor; well aware, that she was speaking to herself.