Close Encounters

It had been two days, since Markus had first carried Navina into that room. Two damn days, that Lync had had to wait, in silence, by her side. Of course, the others had come and gone, checking vitals and making sure she was as comfortable as possible, but that didn't help him any. He was lost, didn't know what to do, what to say... Could she even hear him?
He had heard her last night, as Lady Ellaria tried to guide him through her thoughts. She had been calling to him,but she could not find him, nor could he find her; and her voice, so soft, so filled with fear. Gods, what had he done?
He had left her side, that's what he'd done. He'd allowed Nissa to convince him,to help him with Madrina, to help get her back to Sanctuary. Why? Why had he gone with the Angel?
So many questions, and all he could do, was watch her. Long, thick, black hair, that one of the others had tied back from her face. Those smooth, round cheeks and that perfect nose, those lips he so desperately wanted to kiss; but he had left her in the care of another, foolishly. This was the result, her silence and slumber, his punishment for trusting his female's safety to another. He, should have been there. He, should have protected her.
But he hadn't. He had chosen to protect another, and in doing so, left the love of his life...
"Fuck!" He shouted and rose from the chair.
He wanted to kiss her, wanted to caress those cheeks and run his fingers through her hair, but he no longer felt worthy. He had promised...
"Yo? You alright inhere?" The Valkyrie appeared in the doorway.
"I don't need, a babysitter!"
"Who said anything about babysitting? I don't see no babies here! Unless you start with the tears and all!"
Lync was already hot headed, his anger, through the roof; but he was only angry at himself. There was no need to take it out on the Warrior, besides the fact that she was a she, and he did not strike against... Fuck, okay, not willingly; but how was he supposed to control something he knew nothing about? He had no idea where he'd come from, or who his parents were, he could remember his childhood, but the adults and even the children, their faces...

So how was he supposed to know what was normal, and what was...
"Fuck!"
"You said that already! It's like, everyone's favorite word around here! It's either Fuck! Or, Fuck, me! That's Nyx's favorite! Then there's Fuck Off, and my personal fave, What thefuck?..." Lync couldn't help but let out a sly grin as Malice listed off all the way you could toss that F-Bomb into the mix. "Oh, and finally we get to, Who, the fuck, are you?"
"Excuse you?" Lync blurted out, had he missed something.
"I said, who, the fuck, are you? As in, where, did you come from?" She was staring at him with her arms crossed across her chest.
"I, don't, know!" He replied, through gritted teeth, his fists clenched at his sides.
"And your lover, never said anything!" Malice grilled him, taking a few steps closer, and then a few more.
"She can't even remember her own past, and you expect her to remember mine? Yeah right, The Order warped her memories, took away her ability to navigate the visions, and left her in this hell hole, all alone!"
"She's not alone! She has you!" Malice reminded him.
"And a lot of good that did her!" He growled, his fingers so close to that tendril of hair.
"Why do all you males have to be difficult?" Malice groaned and rubbed at her temples. "Seriously, this shit is getting old! Perhaps we need to visit this, Order!"
"Good luck with that!" Lync chuckled and shook his head, "Good luck!"
"I don't need luck, I have Marena!"
"And, who is Marena?" He asked, cocking a brow her way, only tosee her waltz out the door. "Who, is Marena?"

***

"Any chance we can land somewhere?" Kember inquired as she sailed onto the bridge of the small ship.
"Where? There is nothing here!" Tanin sighed, and slipped out of his chair.
"We've been floating through a life less nothingness for two days! Two, days!" She was whining, which was so not like her, but this was getting ridiculous.
"Life support, Kember! I've been working on life support!" He shook his head, and slid under one of the consoles. "Figured, you'd want to breathe!"
"If we could find somewhere to land, then we wouldn't have to worry about running out of air!"
"Except it would take us longer to find a planet suitable enough to land on... Fuck! You know what? You get your ass down here and do it!" He growled at her.
Things had been tense for most of the morning; if it had in fact, been morning. They were running low on supplies, and the constant silence between them; not to mention the tension in the air surrounding their, um, conversation, the night before. She knew everything there was to know, about the male Tanin called lover, everything, except his name; and she was fine with that.
Tanin didn't know about Kion either, he was just some male that had satisfied Kember... Oh Gods, she wished for that satisfaction now.
"Fuck!" She grumbled, climbing down on the floor beside him. "What the hell do I do?"
"See, you don't know shit! So stop hounding me and let me work!" He snapped at her, and she stopped short.
"I guess no one ever taught you how to treat a female!" She snarled back at him, and rose to her feet. "I'll be in the back, once you've deactivated your asshole mode." She added, and left the room.