Chapter 8: Rachome <3

Hello all you Miles out there. This is Smile. I would like to thank you all for all of your support on this book. Could we please still try and reach our goal of 10 votes? This chapter is for my good friend Rachel who battled cancer and won. I love you gurl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel's POV

The room around me swirled as I got the terrifying news. My parents could not pay for my cancer treatment. I was devastated. Crushed beyond belief. I couldn't think straight. My mom was a sobbing mess. My dad, I could hear, was screaming out in the hallway. I even saw Lauren, the girl also battling cancer next to me, quietly crying. I was not crying. I had to stay strong. I have to live, I have to fight, I have to survive. I will overcome this cancer.

~*+*~

After that day; I began seeing drastic results. My lungs wouldn't function properly. I was losing a lot of weight, and my skin started to wrinkle and shrivel. I went through the Make a Wish Foundation. My last wish was to see my idol. Jerome Aceti, or, as most of you might know him as, ASFJerome.
I have always idolized him, and wished I could meet him. Lauren and I talked about him constantly. She spoke about him as if he was her brother. I so hope he gets the call.

Jerome's POV

"I won the Hunger Deans!" I screamed. Trying to shove it into Mitch's face. "Hahaha. I'm no match for the Pope of power moves." He chuckled. "I'll see you later dood." I said before saying my goodbye and shutting down the laptop.
I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and picked it up. "Hello?" I asked. "Hello is this Jerome Aceti?" A lady from the other end of the phone asked. "Uh yeah. Who is this?" I asked. "I'm Wanda Reides. From the Make A Wish Foundation." She replied.
"It seems that one of my clients, Rachel Sinclair, has made her last wish to see you." I heard. A fan's last wish was to see me? I'm flattered beyond belief. "Uh... Really?" I asked. "Of course. She is currently seeing treatment in Atlanta Georgia, so could you pleaseo meet me at the airport?" She asked. "Of course." I said. "Excellent. Of course. All expenses are paid. All you have to do is show up at the airport. Goodbye Mr. Aceti." She hung up the phone. I sighed and put my phone away. Looks like I'm on the next plane to Atlanta.

~*+*~

Rachel's POV

I was talking with Lauren again. "How do you think he looks nowadays?" I asked. "I have no idea. I hope he looks the same." She said. We then turned into a giggling wreck. "I wonder if he looked different." I said. "I don't know. Do I?" Asked someone from the hallway. I turned around to see Jerome standing in the doorway. I gasped and out a hand to my mouth. I instantaneously broke out into tears as if he was my father or brother coming home from fighting a war. He walked over to me and hugged me by the small of my back. "Hi biggums." He said. "Hello Jerome." I replied. I got my wish. My last final wish. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: This was sweet.

Jerome: I loved it.

Rachel: and how.

Me: thank you all for reading. Be sure to leave a vote and a comment. I'd love an extra mile, and let's remember our goal. Thank you all.

Jerome: *bacca slurp*