Chapter 12

Peggy missed a lot. As she and Lafayette walked side by side, in silence, they passed her house. The lights were off and the cars were gone. She looked longingly at the window that she would look out when she would draw. It was closed and the shades were drawn. It looks like it's empty, she thought, before Lafayette asked, "Are you okay?" She turned to him, and stuffed her hands in her pockets. "Yes, I am." She says quietly, and they continued on their way.

(Author's Note: I don't remember if I decided on a season or what time of year it was before, but I really want to write now so i'm not not looking back, so,)

The fall weather took a toll on Peggy. Taking longer to leave in the morning to put on hat and jacket, leaves in your yard, the candy-seeking children stopping at your doorstep dressed in ridiculous costumes.

Peggy only went trick-or-treating with her sisters. Most of the time, she was so shy to go up to the door and ask for candy she didn't get any. Eliza shared with her, though- Angelica would never give up even a Smartie.

Why was she thinking about Halloween again? Because it was in two weeks and there was rumor that Alex was going to throw the biggest party in town. Would she be invited? Peggy wondered anxiously before Lafayette interrupted her thoughts.

"You seem lost in thought," He says to her, their hands brushing as they walked.

"I'm thinking about Halloween," She says. Lafayette smiles.

"Already?" He asks.

"It's in two weeks. Aren't you excited?" She asks in return.

"Oui, I am, I just don't know what I'm doing for it. Alex has been telling people he was going to throw a huge party, but now I don't know if he is now because of the-" He paused, glancing down at Peggy, ferociously biting her lip.

"But yeah, I'm not sure." He finishes.

Peggy asked, "Do you think Alex and Eliza will get back together?" And looked at a group of children kicking a soccer ball around in a yard.

"I don't know. I'm sure Alex would do whatever it takes to get back together, and I'm pretty sure it's all up to Eliza to determine the rest of their relationship. But, you know her better than I do." Lafayette says.

"Yes, I do, but I've never seen her so angry. She is also very forgiving, a little too much sometimes." Peggy says, and they arrive at Lafayette's house.

Lafayette opened the door for Peggy, and she was immediately welcomed by Alex pulling a coat on. He paused, before exploding.

"Lafayette, what is she doing here?" He roared, and took a step towards Peggy, threateningly waving a fist. Lafayette quickly bounded up the step and stepped in front of Peggy.

She stepped backwards, watching the two brothers stare each other down. "Alex, she's not horrible- she's nice, and sweet, and nothing like you wrote her out to be-" Lafayette tries to explain, but Alex interrupts him. 

"No, Lafayette, don't fall for it. She did it with me, too. She makes herself out to be, to be- helpless," He spat, "She makes you feel like you're the only one who can take care of her. Be careful, Lafayette. She can ruin you." He yells, and storms past the both of them and out the door.

Peggy feels like she's going to cry. Lafayette turns to her. "No, it's okay-" He tried to console her, but she can't be. Peggy's crying. She falls into Lafayette arms, mumbling, "I'm sorry, it's my fault, it's my fault-"

Lafayette shushes her and tells her it's fine, and that they fight all the time, and that they'll be fine.

Then Peggy realized- she's tearing the two brothers apart.

---

Hey kids! Thanks for reading and for all the love. I've got like, 4 hours on my hands and I'm going to be writing all four of them, so prepare yourselves. It's getting better, I promise- I have a plan for the next like, 8 parts, and you guys will definitely like it. Who else is excited for Halloween? I AM. Also, Renee left. Sadness.

Thanks for reading and be prepared for an 'And Peggy,' overload.