Part 33

Angelica wiped her eyes as the sirens got closer and stopped in the driveway. "Time to face the day. We have to find them." Peggy says, shifting the asleep Philip in her lap.

"I know. Hey," Angelica says, wiping her eyes again and standing up. "Don't tell anyone. I'll tell Eliza when I'm ready." Peggy nodded, stood up, and held Philip close.

The police knocked on the door, and Angelica opened it. What happened after was a blur.

Angelica and Peggy were furiously interviewed, every second of the past day scanned and recorded. Peggy wanted to scream, grab them by the neck and yell, My brother and sister are gone! Possibly even my boyfriend and his friend! Shut up and look for them!

But she didn't. She went along with it and answered every question.

Angelica did too.

And when they were done, when the police knew everything they ate, every word said to each other, they started to look. While they were being questioned, they scanned the house, and looked everywhere with no avail.

As Angelica and Peggy were curled up in the corner, holding Philip, the door slams open. "Angelica? Philip?"

Peggy recognizes the voice as her mother and looks at the wall like she was in The Office. She does that a lot. Gives a "i-am-seriously-so-done" look to an imaginary camera. It helps her get through things. Even now, with lives at stake, Peggy did so. To help her loosen up, even though she shouldn't.

"Mom!" Angelica leaps forward, and hugs her mother. Their mother hugged Angelica, plucked Philip out of Peggy's hands, and hugged him. "Oh, honey." She cooed. 

Angelica smiled at her mom, and clutched her hands together. She gazed past her mother at Peggy looking longingly up at their mom. 

"Mom, Peggy saved our lives. She got them out." Angelica interjected quickly. 

Their Mom turned around, and looked at Peggy. "Oh," She whispered, and smiled tightly. 

No matter what, Peggy thought, nothing I do is ever enough. 

Their mother walked off to the police to talk to them, and Peggy glanced at Angelica. They shared a quick look before their mother called, "Angelica!"

And Peggy looked at her feet as Angelica chased after their mother. 

---

WOAH IT'S BEEN A WHILE

I started this one like two weeks ago, and got to the final two paragraph-thingys, and I stopped. I had to go finish this just now and now I'm publishing it to work on more.

Guess what? I have a snow day. And also guess what? NINE DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE FOR NEW YORK TO SEE HAMILTON.

AHHH.

What do you guys want to see happen after this whole ordeal?

Let me know.