Part 34

John breathed in deeply through his nose. How long have they been here? An hour? A week? Time went by. 

He shifted on the ground, grunting every time they hit a bump. He bounced as they obviously flew over a speed bump. In the dark, he saw Eliza hit her head off of the side of the truck and wince. Alex sat next to her, their duck-taped hands touching, barely, as much as they could. 

Even in the dark, John could see the tears streaming down her cheeks. She needed to see Philip.

But John wasn't focused on Eliza. His eyes ran over Alex, his hair mussed up in a sort of slightly perfect way, his shirt slightly untucked- John! He thought. He's in a relationship! You're kidnapped! Focus on something else!\

Lafayette's head was in his lap. He's tried to get out for the past forever with no avail. With duck tape wrapped around their mouths, wrists, and ankles, there wasn't much room for movement. The back of the truck- filled with packages of god knows what- was small, about ten feet long and 7 feet tall. Despite it being cold out, despite it being Christmas Eve, it was hot inside the back of the truck, and it smelled of sweat and tears. 

Lafayette's mind was filled with flashes of Peggy in the back of the ambulance after being kidnapped by James Reynolds. Would that be them? Would they even get out of this situation?

He had to. He had to for Peggy. 

Eliza looked at her hand in Alex's. Did he ever hold hands with Peggy? She pondered as he squeezed her hand. But she quickly dismissed the thought, and imagined Philip, safe, in her arms...

She sobbed. 

John was about ready to scramble over to the happy couple and slap them both across the face when the truck stopped. 

---

More? Wow? Being productive? That's weird.

Eh. Probably not productive.

I can't sleep. So. Enjoy an update. LAMS!!!

Love you children.