Part 29

This past year was a hassle. With Alex and Eliza living at the guest 'house' next to the Schuyler Mansion with their son, Philip, well, that was a hassle within itself. The small two-bedroom apartment was in the large garage, and there was a small kitchen, a sorry excuse of a living room, and a bathroom that was just barely big enough to fit a tub, a toilet, and a sink. When Eliza tried to give now 7-month-old Philip a bath, the water got everywhere. So much so Alex would have to come afterwards with a towel and wipe it all up.

Meanwhile, Peggy and Lafayette were happily dating. They were going strong, and haven't been through very many troubles. They get in their arguments, like normal couples do. But after the whole Maria thing and the arrest of James thing and the birth of Philip thing, they were fine and nothing threatened them.

Mulligan got himself a girlfriend. That didn't last long due to the fact he was kissing another girl on their 3rd date. So now he was single. Again.

John, on the other hand, was thriving. His parents, feeling remorseful, took him back in. They explained how careless they were, kicking out their pride and joy. John happily took shelter back home, and was openly looking for someone to date. So far, it's been terrible, because John still couldn't shake off what he had for Alex.

But now was the time to celebrate. 

For Christmas, the Schuyler Sisters were bouncing off the wall because they had a baby to buy presents with. While the three girls went shopping, Alex, Mulligan, Laurens, Lafayette, and Philip, belted into a baby backpack strapped on his father's chest, went looking for a tree to fit in the new apartment.

Mulligan suggested they get a really tall one, one like in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. In which Alex pointed out how that went, and that also they, "Barely have room for Philip to crawl so we don't have any space to fit a tree almost as big as Jefferson's ego."  

So Mulligan quieted. Laurens asked about a small tree, like one of the cute ones that could fit on a table, and Alex shot the idea down because they were spoiling Philip this Christmas and not enough presents could fit under the tree. 

But as they were trekking through the tree farm, they saw a tree that was medium-sized, full, and have a rich green color. "We're getting this one." Alex says, and holds his hand open towards Lafayette, who was holding the saw. "Non," Lafayette said, pulling the saw close to his chest.

"I want to cut it." He protested. Alex rolled his eyes and said, "Godammit, then do it." Philip laughed, and Alex scolded to his son, but mostly to himself, "No no, Philip. Swearing his bad." 

Lafayette cut the tree, and Mulligan, Lafayette, and Laurens all took turns carrying it back. "Alex, you gonna help?" Mulligan asks, shifting the tree on his shoulder. "Nah, I have Philip." He says, and started running. "Hey!" Mulligan called as Laurens and Lafayette bolted after Alex, laughing.

"Damn it." Mulligan cursed, and tried the best he could to catch up.

---

Once they were in Lafayette's car, the tree strapped to the roof, they started talking of Christmas, which was only two days away. "What'd you get Eliza?" Mulligan asked.

"Well," Alex said, gulping a a sip of the free hot chocolate the farm offered, "It was really hard, because. She's perfect. I love you her so much, and I couldn't find anything good enough for her."

Laurens closed his eyes and pulled his knees to his chest.

"But I finally got the perfect thing. A get-away weekend. She's been insane with Philip, not getting enough sleep, and everything. She's always so tired. So we're going to Florida. Without Philip." 

Philip let out a whimper. "Sorry, buddy." Alex apologized.

"So that's what I'm doing for Eliza. What are you doing for Peggy, Laf?" Alex asked, and a couple of laughs teetered out of the rest of the crew.

"Well, I got her some shoes she's been wanting. And a shirt. And some more clothes." He says.

"Oh, I bet he got her panties from Victoria's Secret, didn't you?" Mulligan laughed, leaning forward and held himself up on the back of Lafayette's seat. The crew laughed, but Lafayette said defensivley, "It's what she wanted!" They erupted into laughter.

Lafayette muttered, "Dieu damm, vous fous."

Hey kids haven't updated in a while. I GOT HAMILTON TICKETS. I'm so excited. But here this is, and i will do more. Sorry I didn't get this out before Christmas, I've been busy. But, yeah.

I GOT HAMILTON TICKETS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH