Chapter 39

"Would it cost extra to try to get blue roses?" Eliza pondered, thoughtlessly, tapping a pen against the table and shaking her foot. She held her chin in her palm and looked out the window in seeming wonder.

"I don't think they make blue roses. Do they?" Angelica asked, watching as the waitress showed up at their table and delivered their teas. 

"I don't think so. I'll have to look it up." Eliza muttered, scribbling down on the paper in front of them- blue roses?

"If not, we could always paint some white ones blue." Angelica laughed, and Eliza giggled. It was a beautiful sound. Angelica looked over at her sister from across the table, who seemed to be radiating joy lately. She was beyond happy. She was engaged, going to be married very soon. She had a healthy baby boy and a family she loved.

Angelica hid her jealousy well.

"So, what kind of dress do you want? Can I see the pictures?" Angelica pondered, nodding towards the folder on the table in front of them.

"Oh yeah!" Eliza exclaimed, clapping her hands lightly with a grin on her face. "I forgot about those! And the dresses are my favorite parts of the planning." 

She opened up the folder and slid out three print-out pictures of wedding dresses. One of them was a mermaid dress that clung to the model's curves in a plain white silky material then fell into a lacey skirt near the knees. 

The next was a princess gown, with lace sleeves and high lace collar. The neckline was plunging, but tastefully so, and around the belly button the skirt pillowed in a lace circle encasing the model.

The third dress was simple and wasn't too tight, but hung loosely around the model and was silk. It's had almost no indications of differentiating it from a wedding gown to a night gown.

"So, I think you know this, but I love the look of lace. So I was thinking that it would be the material from this dress," Eliza pointed to the third one, "with the lace neckline and sleeves of this one," she pointed to the second one, "but the skirt of this one." She pointed to the first. "I just couldn't find a picture of the dress I wanted. So, I had to sort of make one." Eliza grinned at Angelica.

Angelica has long since stopped caring about the fact she was planning a wedding for the man she was in love with- but not theirs. It was her sister's wedding. Not her sister's and Alex's. Angelica's numb to the fact now. This wedding for her sister, and it made her happy. 

---

Peggy was insanely hesitant at first. 

"It's sort of....frilly." She tried to say without sounding too disgusted. 

"But it's a good frilly. A nice, wedding frilly." Eliza pleaded, clinging onto Peggy's shoulder as the two gazed at the bridesmaid dress hanging up on the wall. 

Peggy was still skeptical.

"Please, Peggy? For me?" Eliza didn't want to pull that card but she didn't care. She needed to see Peggy in this dress- she was going to have to wear it anyways. Eliza already paid for it.

"Fine." Peggy huffed, pulling the dress down from the hook and retreating to the bathroom.

Angelica and Eliza giggled, sitting down on Peggy's bed, waiting for Peggy to come out. She was going to hate it, they knew, but her reaction would be priceless. 

Peggy walked slowly out of the bathroom, preparing for the judgement that was soon to come. It was a light, baby blue dress that hung off her shoulder in a mesh. It clung to her waist and draped into a soft skirt that was knee-length. 

"OH MY GOD." Eliza gushed as soon as she saw it on her sister. "YOU LOOK SO GOOD."

Angelica matched Eliza's reaction, and Peggy's cheeks blushed. 

"With the white flats and the pink lipstick you're going to look so cute. Oh my god, I'm so excited!" Eliza exclaimed, encasing her sister in a hug. 

Peggy let out a sigh through a smile. 

---

"I'm thinking about a french poem. Isn't that romantic?" Lafayette asked, walking down the asiles at Walmart looking for a Valentine's Day gift for Peggy. Mulligan was distracted by the impressive display of candy. "Candy should be good." He muttered.

Lafayette let out a laugh before grabbing a a box of chocolates and ultimately deciding on a giant stuffed bear. "She'll love it," he told himself.

--- 

Alexander pushed John against the wall and kissed him. John gave into it, clinging onto Alexander's shirt and kissing him back. A moan escaped his lips when Alex pulled away.

"I-I have to go. But I- I'll be thinking of you." 

And with that, Alex turned around and left, like nothing happened.

That's how things have been happening lately. Quick kisses, secret kisses. A heated couple seconds before parting, leaving John sweaty and out of breath. His insides were always turned to mush and a smile was permanently etched onto his face.

And then he would think about where Alex would be going. Probably to Eliza, or Philip. Then his insides would twist in a much less desirable way.

John considered himself a good person. He wasn't one to regularly lie or steal. He always checked up on his friends when they were sick and he did all his homework on time. John was a good person.

But he was in love with an engaged man.

Which made him a terrible person.

Thoughts would ensue in his mind that made him want to throw up. He would worry about. John would tell himself that he would call it off the next time he saw Alex. But then Alex would kiss him, and touch him, and he would forget all about it. 

He was a bad person. 

Wasn't he?

---

Woah. July 27th was the last time I updated. I haven't been listening to Hamilton for like a year and just remembered how good it was and was inspired to write this.

 I hope ya'll shippers are all happy. I tried to include most of them. Anyways. Love ya'll and thanks for still reading this when I'm the worst updater in the history of ever. I'm working on it, I promise. You guys are the best readers ever. Love you so much. 

(Oh yeah, forgot if I mentioned this before, but I know Marquis is just a title given to people and not an actual name. I didn't know this before I started writing but I don't feel like going make to change it all, so I guess his first name is Marquis. Idk dudes.)