Chapter 18

"Marquis..." Peggy mumbled, pulling away from Lafayette. "What are we doing?" 

He pulled away from her. "Peggy, we can't keep doing this. You can't keep teasing me! You left me and wouldn't talk to me for two weeks, and when I ask you to this stupid party, you say yes, and then say we can't start anything up, and now you're kissing me? And then you're saying we can't do this? What do you want Peggy?" He runs a hand through hair, a frustrated look set on his face. 

Peggy opened her mouth, but Lafayette stopped her.

"No, don't even ask me how I feel, because you know how I feel. I want you to be my girlfriend, Peggy." He yelled, suddenly just fed up with the whole situation. 

Peggy turned and walked out the door. She felt the tears coming before they slid down her cheeks. She heard Lafayette coming behind her, and she needed to get away from him. She fumbled for the first door she could see, and opened it. 

"Peggy-" Lafayette called, but Peggy ignored him, because she was focused on what was happening in Alex's room.

Eliza and Alex were full on making out on his bed. Looks like they forgave each other, Peggy thought as the two scrambled up. "Peggy-" Eliza said, and Peggy turned around. She felt her body fill with emotion, but one was louder than the others.

Peggy saw Lafayette walking towards her. "I'm sorry I exploded-" But Peggy didn't hear the rest of it because she stood on her tippy toes and kissed him. As he pulled away, she said, "I want to be your girlfriend." And Lafayette kisses her again.

And then he pulled away. "We can't do this." He said seriously. Peggy had a full .2 seconds to process it before he said, "I'm kidding! I'm kidding," And swept her in a huge hug. 

Eliza and Alex  burst out of his room. "I'm sorry, Peggy-" Eliza started, but stopped as she addresed what was happening.

"You and Lafayette?" She asked. The two pulled away from each other, and Peggy smiled as she pushed a curl from her face. 

"Hello, sister. This is my boyfriend." She said. Lafayette smiled and put a hand on her waist.

"Really?" Eliza asked, reaching for Alex's hand. The two couples smiled at each other as they realized that the four of them were actually couples. 

"So, you guys made up?" Peggy asked softly.

"Yeah, we did, because Eliza's-" Alex started, but Eliza interupted.

"Yeah, we made up." She squeezed Alex's hand harder and he winced.

And then the four of them decided that they could lay back, relax, and party.

Except Eliza. Eliza went home to tell her parents.

---

Okay sorry I never posted it yesterday, I was sort of falling asleep. (I know, I'm a loser for going to bed so early.) I will try to post more some time. I hope that you guys like it.