Chapter 22

Lafayette walked, no- ran to Peggy's house. He was running down the road, pushing past children, asking if they've seen a pretty girl in a yellow dress. "Yeah, but she sort of got lost after right there." A ten-year-old said.

Lafayette turned to see a building that fit tightly against a corner in the road. He turned it to see Peggy's white umbrella lying on the ground.

His stomach dropped.

---

Peggy couldn't breathe. She couldn't see what she was in, she couldn't see how deep it was, she couldn't swim up. Her lungs started filling with water, and she kicked with her feet as hard as she could, but the dress was weighing her down. Then, when she finally gave up trying to breathe, a hand grabbed her shoulder and pulled her out of the water.

---

Lafayette couldn't find Peggy anywhere. He started telling people, yelling at people to look for her, he flashed her picture at strangers asking if they've seen her, and please, look out for her, he even called the police, but they dismissed it- people always drop their stuff, espically on Halloween. They said to call back if she wasn't there by morning. 

Mulligan and Laurens started to look. Lafayette couldn't contact Angelica, Eliza, or Alex. So it was just him and two other guys looking for his girlfriend.

---

Peggy was regaining breath, when the hands ripped the hood off of her. 

"How could you be so stupid to roll into a freaking pool? What are you trying to do, go out the bad way?" Someone sneered. Her back was facing them, but she knew who it was. She turned around, to clarify.

"Did you miss me?" James Reynolds laughed.

---

DUH DUH DUH

ALSO WHO GUESSED JAMES WHY I WANTED IT TO BE A SURPRISE EVEN THOUGH I ASKED YOU WHO YOU THOUGHT GOOD GUESSING SKILLS.

I'm pretty sure this is the last chapter tonight. I have Hamilton to listen to and a fanfic to read. Love you all. 

Also, please comment on my character Q and A chapter- Chapter 20.1 

It's super fun, so, comment please,

Also, like 2 percent of the people who read this are from the UK.

Like, 0.98 percent of you are from Indonesia.

And another 0.98 percent of you are from Australia. Thank you.