Part 30

Peggy pulled up to the mansion in Lafayette's car. She noticed a white van in the driveway, but Peggy assumed that it was just one of her father's many business visitors. She just spent the afternoon shopping for Christmas gifts, which was insane considering it was Christmas Eve. The house seemed eerily quiet considering it packed so many people, and it was Christmas Eve. It was normally terribly loud, and not just on holidays. But she pushed open the door, and walked inside. "Hello?" She called.

Her voice echoed across the halls, and she dropped her bags. She took a step towards a corner in the hallway, but she was pushed back by someone with a gun. It was a man, who was tall, and was dressed in ragged clothes. "Stay back," He hissed. Peggy stood frozen. Again? 

This was happening to her again? She was done. She had to deal with James kidnapping her, James black-mailing her, Hamilton hating on her, her family hating her in general, and now this was happening?

"What-" She stuttered, but he pushed her. "Against the wall!" He ordered. Hearing footsteps, Peggy guessed there was about ten more. She obeyed and leaned against the wall, her hands visible. "Where's your father?" The man demanded in a foreign accent. Peggy stuttered. "Where's Philip Schuyler?" He demanded, holding the gun to her head. Peggy paused, and said the first thing that came to mind. "He went to alert the police." She says quickly. The man's hand quivered. "What?" Peggy continued on with her lie. "Someone told him that you were coming. He went to go tell the police. They should be here any minute." In the distance, Peggy heard Philip wail. 

The man said, "Stay there." And then he turned around, and ran. "We have to go! Now!" He yells. After people responded in concerned shouts, the man says, "Schuyler heard that we were coming. He went to go alert the police!" And then the people ushered out of the door, yelling. Peggy looked out a window as they pulled away in the white van in the driveway, and ran towards the wailing of baby Philip. 

Ahh shoot I just got super pumped to write and then it went away. So. This is short, but anyways. I was just reading about this with the whole people coming to take away Philip Schuyler during the Revolutionary War and Peggy saved the day, so I wrote it into the story. Peggy's been through enough crap, but why not add more? It makes a good story.

So. Have a nice day.