Chapter 42

Peggy blinked. "What?"

Lafayette was already cringing, rubbing his eyes and a disgruntled look on his face. "UGH, I can't even believe I told you. Putain!" 

"What do you mean, Alex is sleeping with John?" Peggy screamed, already disassociating from the situation at hand. She moved with slow motion when she stood up and felt her fists clench. 

Eliza has been through so much. She had their baby and has now invested lots of time and money into their wedding. She trusted him again. She spent so long getting to trust Alex again and he throws it all away again. 

Peggy didn't mean to, she knew it was wrong, but she got mad at Lafayette. She turned to him, and coldly asked, in a brisk, sharp tone, "How long did you know?" Her eyes narrowed.

Lafayette gaped up at her, his eyebrows furrowed. "Mi amor," He began,

"Don't!" Peggy yelled practically stamping her foot, before regaining herself. She realized what she was doing, she was getting mad at Lafayette, her best friend. She couldn't. He didn't do anything wrong. 

Peggy took a deep, shaky breath, her world walling down in slow motion. John always seemed, touchy? To the idea of them getting married. She knew John had a bit of a crush On Alex but she never thought anything would come from it. Poor John. Why wasn't she angry with John?

She fell into Lafayette's arms, and started to cry. 

Because she used to be him. A couple years ago. 

"I-I'm sorry." Peggy muttered, pushing her tears away, and sighing. 

"It's okay, amour.  I- I've only known for very few days. I walked in on them at John's house. Imagine that sight." Lafayette cooed, and Peggy could hear his smile towards the end.

She let out an unsure laugh, before sighing. "Poor Eliza." 

"I know. I- I don't know what to do." Lafayette replied, pulling Peggy closer to him. 

"We can't tell her." She whispers. 

Lafayette rested his chin on her head, looking out wistfully at the pond. He agreed.

---

WHAAAAAT

I love Angry Peggy. She's like,,, a different kind of angry than most people and I love it. 

So yeah man, I tried to make Lafayette more french? Let me know if I got anything wrong? 

Also sorry it's short. I'll write more, don't you worry. No more six-month long update breaks. 

Alrighty love you guys. (Hopefully a snow day tomorrow. woot woot.)