Part 35

John held his breath as it stopped. He glanced over at Eliza, clutching Alex's hand, her breath caught in her throat. Her sob stopped mid-way.

John didn't have anything against her. He actually felt bad for Eliza sometimes, considering she was seriously dating such a hoe.

JOHN!  He thought, and then turned to the door.

Then his heart stopped. 

It was Peggy. She had on sweatpants and a white hoodie, with light yellow converse. She had on no make-up, and her hair was pulled back in  a ponytail. 

John blinked. No. It can't be Peggy. Peggy? It's a figment of his imagination. This isn't real.

But it was.

It all happened so fast. Lafayette stood up abruptly, and Peggy had to basically catch him as he leaped down from the back of the truck, falling onto her. 

"Peggy," Lafayette muttered, his voice quiet and strained.

"Marquis, oh my god. You guys. We have to get out quickly." Peggy rushed, one arm around Lafayette, holding him up, and the other reaching for her phone and dialing 911.

Eliza stood up, and Alex helped her move, and Eliza started crying. Tears of joy.

John stayed sitting there. This isn't real. This isn't real.

It all happened so fast. John couldn't even describe it. In short: He was ushered out of the back of the truck and into the police's care. The men who took them- they're still not so sure why, so they're in questioning- were arrested. He was fed and watered, "like a freakin' plant," he remembered Alex whispering to him.

Peggy explained that the guys who took them simply stopped for a Christmas Day breakfast at a diner on the side of the street. Little did they know that it was the diner that Peggy went to with her parents, nephew, and sister, to rid their minds of the travesty of this Christmas. Peggy recognized the men in the diner, watched where they walked from, came over, and let them out.

And just in time for Christmas.

John was insanely happy, except he felt his mind wandering towards Alex. Alex has a kid, a serious girlfriend, there was no chance of him and Alex getting together. But he couldn't help himself. He was his first love, and it seems like his only love. There was no way John was getting over Alex. 

---

Meanwhile, Jefferson glanced over at Madison, who was placing a dark purple wrapped gift box on the table next to the over-stuffed chair Thomas was sitting in.

"What is this?" Thomas asked.

"Your Christmas present." James responded.

Thomas was skeptical before setting down his glass of wine, (don't tell his parents,) and picked up the box. It was heavy.

"James, you shouldn't have." Thomas says, as his hands trim the edge of the paper and rip it.

"No, no, I Should have." James complained, and watched.

Thomas opened the box to find a thick Journal, with a 'TJ' engraved in the leather front.

"James," Thomas says, and looks up at him. "I'm sorry I don't have anything for you."

James glanced at his feet, and stood up. "It's-it's fine. Merry Christmas, Thomas." And he turned to walk away.

"James." Thomas says, and saw his companion turn around.

"This is a nice gift. Thank you. You're a wonderful friend." He stated, with no abundance of emotion.

'Friend.' James felt his fists clench. They both knew they were more than friends."You can go now, James." Thomas dismissed him. Suddenly, Madison was overwhelmed and started to yell.

"Jesus Christ, Thomas! Friend?" He yelled. Before Thomas could answer, James continued."We both know very well we're more than friends. And now I seem crazy to think that you actually cared about me! I know that we don't want anyone to know about us but when we're alone  you treat me like shit! You treat me like a friend!"

Thomas gulped, his hand wrapped tightly around the book. 

"We're not friends! We're together, Thomas, and if you can't get that, I don't see any other option except leaving you. Good luck getting someone as good as me." Madison yelled.

But before he could continue, Thomas stood up in a swift motion, and kissed him.

"We're so much more than friends." Thomas smiled.

---

So, SO MUCH TO WRITE ABOUT. Okay.

For one, I have more ideas to move on to, so I sort of rushed the kidnapping part, (I'm sorry.)

Second, I forgot about Thomas/James.  Also, I wrote it on my iPad, so the lines are super spread apart when I copy and pasted it into here. But, anyways. So, there you go!

Third, I SAW HAMILTON AND OH MY GOSH MY LIFE IS CHANGED I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO 

I GOT JEVON MCFERRONS (is that how you spell it,) AUTOGRAPH

AND SETH STEWARTS 

AND LAUREN BOYDS

AND DONALD WEBBERS

IT WAS SO AMAZING I CANT EVAN GO INTO DETAIL

THANKS FOR READING