Prologue ✔️

"hey, I was doin' just fine before I met you"

happy reading, my lovlies •

Bang.

"Are you fucking kidding me!" The man is his expensive suit and rolex yelled as the blind girl walked right in front of his car.

He was a busy man. A very busy man.

And today just happened to be the day, his company had investors coming from Saudi. And he could not be late. But the brunette laying unconscious in front of his car demanded immediate attention.

He got of his car and looked at the girl. She looked oddly familiar. But then they all did. He had fired his previous secretary. She slept with him, well they all did, but when they got clingy Adrian Donati couldn't handle. So he had interviews lined up, and this girl most probably was one of them.

He kneeled to check her pulse. He let out a sigh. She was alive. He was in no mood to deal with a court case right now. Her file lay beside her.

Savannah.

He flipped open the file and bingo. He was right like always. She was one of the girls for the interview. She was also careless enough to be late. And furthermore to crash into her maybe future boss' car.

The girl looked poor. Her dress loosely fitting her, as if borrowed from someone and clearly not her size. And in Adrian's experience families of such people usually hit the hardest cases of compensation. And that would be bad press for the Donati Enterprises.

But Adrian Donati loved one other thing except himself and his family- his grandfather's legacy, the Donati Enterprises. And he wouldn't let one scratch come on it.

So it was decided then, the investors could wait. His was the best company in all of the country, they would have no choice but to invest in the best.

"Vanessa yes cancel the meeting with the Saudi investors. No, I know what I'm doing Vee. Just cause we're having sex doesn't mean you'll teach me how to run my company. I have an emergency, I can't come. Yes bye."

That was Vanessa Luciano on the other line. Adrian Donati's receptionist, and also his occasional sex partner. They were an excellent example of 'no strings attached'.

Sighing he turned to the girl and picked her up, taking her to the hospital. The faster she recovered the easier it would be for him to get rid of her.

Adrian Donati hated loose ends and mysteries. And what was going to happen to him was beyond his control, because even though Adrian Donati thought he had the world in his pocket, he didn't have his heart.

And we all know, the heart wants what it wants.

Hope you liked the prologue. Please vote, comment and share. Feedbacks are appreciated.